Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
hanbrake version 1...hate it.

version 2 using and old strut brace...hate it less. Will get it turned down on a lathe

Got around to porting the Maifold. Runner 3 has a major protusion from a stub boss. So i smoothed it out. I went from 18in vacuum to 20in on my old car just by doing this. So i know it helps, even if its just evening out the flow across the cylinders.

Stock

Ported

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Looking great ....wires by the bags lol keep up the good work

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
man, i work for express oil change, and we use valvoline filters exclusively...they are garbage...i really recommend switching to a wix/mobile/bosch.....much better filter.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I get them free and are basically changed every 3 race meets or so, they prob get ... 30 miles on them. They are probably good enough.
well in that case, nevermind. build is tops as always.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I havent been able to get much done because of work recently but got this sorted.

Made a lower control arm brace out of 3/4 square tube. It clears the gearbox by about 1/8" but "should" not hit when it moves. I was going to make it a 4 point but decided that since it has those grey braces that go from the LCA mount to the gearbox mount it wouldnt be much additional strength

Off to Chicago for xmas and when ill get back ill start beck in earnest

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Dam this is out of control, This things gonna be solid. Awesome job so far

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Made a start on the turbo outlet flange. 1/2" steel. Not the most fun to drill and cut through with a hand drill. It will be a divorced setup with the WG being 1 1/2" and the outlet being 2" and moving to 2.5".

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Got more work done on the flange.

just need to port out the exhaust side to 2"

the teardrop porting is to ensure good wg flow off the divider wall

Im going to add a little bit more steel on the divider as im not happy with seal yet

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I was going to exit the exaust out the side of the front bumper and started out that way. But it proved too much of a pain with the rad hoses etc so after i did the first bend i decided to put it into the HKS exhaust that came with the car. All the aftermarket exhausts for the starlets start at 50mm them 55mm in the midpipe then 60mm at the tail. This is less than ideal but at the power level it will be running probably wont hurt perfomance.

I got this far then ran out of weld wire. I should have just done the whole thing pie sliced. Neeed to finish welding it up then put on the dump tube and brace it.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Keep it up Bob! Wow!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Got some work done. Cleaned up the face of the Manifold so threw everything on. Had to retap a heatshield polt hole for a 12mm bold cause it snapped off. Oh well. Just need some -4 lines and ill be able to plumb it up properly.

Now the DP is a little close to the Clutch slave.

And while i am going to wrap the DP i wanted to stay on the safe side. So I made a heat shield for it out of some scrap 3" pipe and a thick slainles bracket that came with .... something. Came out pretty nice. I was going to brace it in 2 places but i dont think i have to.

Also Mounted 2 gauges. Water temp is in the cluster and boost in in the centre console.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts