Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
i have the Defi BF Series Gauges (Boost, Fuel Press., EGT) and i just finished custom mounting them on my dash. I'm not sure where to tap the wires from the gauges to.

the way these gauges work is that one guage connects to the second, the second to the third, and the third to a little control unit. all the sensors, etc goes only to the control unit. its nice cuz there's no abundance of wires everywhere.

from the control unit though, i have a little plug and out of that plug comes four wires.
1) Red (battery - to 12V battery wire)
2) Orange (IGN - to 12V wire when ignition is on)
3) White (Illumination - to 12V wire when small lamp is on)
4) Black (GND - to ground, negative battery terminal)

the box came with t-taps already.
WHERE DO I CONNECT THESE FOUR WIRES TO? what are some good wires to tap.
(i was thinking the wires that come out of the driver-side fuse panel?? i'm not too sure though)
any help please! thanks guys

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Ground to metal, Illumination at radio harness, power and ign and ignition switch column harness. DO NOT use the Taps, solder and tape at min.....

Reactions: LO 21

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Couldnt you also get the power and ignition at the radio that might be easier if so..
Yup, but not sure of the dram on the gauges so I sent him to a beefier source.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ground to metal, Illumination at radio harness, power and ign and ignition switch column harness. DO NOT use the Taps, solder and tape at min.....
hey dude
thanks for the help +rep

i´m still pretty confused though.

1) for ground, i can just strip the tip of that wire and wrap it around any bolt somewhere?

2) for illumination, where is the radio harness? can i access it by just popping out that piece that holds the Trac Off and heated seats buttons?
and from the harness, which wire will i solder the illumination wire to?

3) power and ignition to column harness, not sure what that is.

thanks again for the help, and sorry for the questions. i´m still kinda new to wiring (i´ll have a friend come do the soldering for me though)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts