Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was searching for a gauge pod, and i came accross this link:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=225763&highlight=Turboeast+gauge+pod

and, i wanted to know, is there really a gauge pod that replaces the full AC piece? i like the turboeast one, but, i'm not a fan of the rivits, and the overall look...but, i can't see the pic cause he probably deleted it from his photo link. anyway, if there really is a turboeast style gauge pod that comes all the way down to the vents, post some pics. also, where can i get one?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
thksdad said:
hey guys, i was searching for a gauge pod, and i came accross this link:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=225763&highlight=Turboeast+gauge+pod

and, i wanted to know, is there really a gauge pod that replaces the full AC piece? i like the turboeast one, but, i'm not a fan of the rivits, and the overall look...but, i can't see the pic cause he probably deleted it from his photo link. anyway, if there really is a turboeast style gauge pod that comes all the way down to the vents, post some pics. also, where can i get one?

TRD
TE

But none I have seen fully replace it all they just fit into the lint tray area

Turnip has a unique one ...

I will have TRD copies when I get to Seattle ;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that looks very sick!!!!! i like that, but, i'd rather have the turboeast style one...thats just me though.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey, also, do they make a Carbon Fiber turboeast gauge pod...i saw one somewhere, and it was awesome!!!

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
thksdad said:
hey, also, do they make a Carbon Fiber turboeast gauge pod...i saw one somewhere, and it was awesome!!!
:suspiciou

I have not ...like I said maybe C/F TRD ones soon (I know I have been busy :lol: )

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
thksdad said:
this is a custom made gauge pod...this is what i'm talking bout where it comes all the way down...hope he doesn't mind me using the pic:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/thksdad/pod5.jpg

if no one makes this...how much would it be to get one made?
And no one makes it (custom job there)

All he did was mold in the pods with fiberglass (bondo) and sanded and painted

All depends on the shop and their hourly charge

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
that pod is nice and all but the functionality of it is horrible, only two gauges, and you have to take the entire dash vent off to get to it...or under it i should say...and at a shop that would be $$$...if you arent good with fiberglass/bondo/fabrication or any type of body work making something custom is pretty much out of the picture...im not saying you cant and im not trying to be a dick...im just saying theres more work in that little pod than you know. So the most cost effective way would to be buy one already on the market, or wait for imprimis to finish his batch

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
thksdad said:
this is a custom made gauge pod...this is what i'm talking bout where it comes all the way down...hope he doesn't mind me using the pic:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a323/thksdad/pod5.jpg

if no one makes this...how much would it be to get one made?

that gauge pod is beutiful. only downfall is it only hold 2 gauges. i love how its molded with the rest of the dash and ac vent. triple gauge pod like that would be PERFECT. i love how the gauges are recesed and angled and the pod doesnt look like some plastic add on piece

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
baadhabit said:
that gauge pod is beutiful. only downfall is it only hold 2 gauges. i love how its molded with the rest of the dash and ac vent. triple gauge pod like that would be PERFECT. i love how the gauges are recesed and angled and the pod doesnt look like some plastic add on piece
yeah but to wire them up have to remove the whole tray, a little more work but it could be a rush issue with people

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey IMPRIMIS, what are your gauges going to look like. i've heard a lot of good things bout them, but, haven't really gotten the full picture....

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
thksdad said:
hey IMPRIMIS, what are your gauges going to look like. i've heard a lot of good things bout them, but, haven't really gotten the full picture....

I have a TRD pod (and going to pull molds off of them)

Doing C/F and Fiberglass :cool:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
^^^^ how soon and how much will those beauties cost? just an estimate

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
2TGEU said:
^^^^ how soon and how much will those beauties cost? just an estimate

Working on it here :lol:

I am going to seattle (where a co. is @ to chit chat)

depends on the version

And my cost for a mold etc...

hell the real TRD is a chunk of $$

1 - 20 of 27 Posts