Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wanted to hear your guys input about my lil dilema...so a couple days ago my clusters started tripping in a sense that all the needles go up and down...it says my battery is at 9 or below and keeps tweaking...all the numbers disapear and maint. reqd goes on with oil light...and its dim also

thanks for all the input in advance!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in sure its just the cluster...but driving isnt affected either...maybe generator..or ground?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone? morning bump

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
sounds like a ground issue. I think the ground for is is somewhere under the radio area or something. Look it up in the service manual.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could it be just the cluster?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
could be a faulty connection on the gauges? have you or has someone taken out the cluster or something? try unplugging the cluster and then make sure everything is plugged in.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did that last night..still tripping..ima take a video of it tommarow..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
LOL wow, thats funny, i've never seen anything like that.
something got tweaked either somewhere behind the cluster or at the ecu or something.
you said your car was salvaged right? do you know what happened? that MIGHT have something to do with it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i bought it wrecked and fixed it...changed the ecu...just started doin it a couple days ago..does it barley now..but still no good...does anyone know what else could be up with it?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea funny but really annoying...maybe i can get away with a speeding ticket..cuz now it doesnt work at all :(

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
not working at all is perfect! start checking wires and connections that SHOULD have power.....

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had a similar problem in a car several years ago. It was caused by a loose connection from the battery to starter solenoid. Just a thought.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes this is starting to sound like it was 100% a lose connection. Before it was just wiggling and shorting now its come lose enough that its not making contact at all.... or so it sounds.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea ill check it out...is it gonna be wires from cluster or somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
have the car running (so you can watch the voltage, rpm, fuel, ect to see if the cluster is on or off or what ever) and slowly remove the cluster, if it comes back to life while you pull it you have a good shot at it being a bad cluster OR a wire going into the cluster.....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got it fixed..it was a loose ground behind the radio...thanks for all the input !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts