Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What octane of gasoline is required in the IS300? Do you have to run premium fuel in this car?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I couldn't imagine anything less.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The GS300 (which has the same engine as the IS300) requires Premium unleaded and the IS300 is even more performance oriented so it will definitly require 91 octane or higher...
Eric

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
onefortheroad, my 2000 ES300 does not require premium fuel.

EricK, the engine in the IS is the same as the GS, not more performance oriented. The only difference of note is the exhaust system, hence the lower hp ratings. So whatever the GS requires is what the IS will require. There are no compression ratio changes in the IS vs the GS that I know of.

Also, don't assume that because it says Premium, that it means you need Premium. Look in the manual for the exact octane rating. My other car says "Premium gasoline with an octane rating of 89 or higher" which at most pumps around here, 89 octane is mid-grade...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Webmaster
I meant that the car itself was more performance oriented than the GS300. The GS is more softly sprung and comes with 16inch wheels. The engine is virtually the same aside from the slight difference in Horsepower...
Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts