Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2002 IS automatic. Is there any specific gas I should be putting into this car? The cheap one, middle one, or expensive one? Does it matter?

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
use premium gas only. If you put a tank of 87/89 in there when a station doesnt offer it, that is ok, but make your best attempt to put in premium.

·
Registered
589 Posts
PREMIUM ONLY, dun be those dumb idiots thinkin that 87/89 burns slower and saves gas.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
They say a picture says a thousand words, so here you go!

Reactions: acumenhokie

·
Registered
656 Posts
Can we make this a sticky post on the forum? This question gets asked and debated so much, and I am so sick of it. No attack on you, lillaznballa03, because you just didn't seem to know (make sure to read your manual though), but the same debate is raging in the general discussion forum once again. I hate when people say, "I know premium is required, but is it okay to use 87 octane?" Most people are literally paying no more than $3.50 a tank (assuming you put a full 17.5 gallons in, which I have never had to do) more than those who pump regular, the lower octane gas affects performance, and the lower octane also hurts the mpg, thus erasing the savings. Give your Lexus what it wants and what it was designed for people! You want to save on gas, get a Toyota Prius. The lower octane will not hurt the engine very much if not used all the time or is needed in a pinch, but like we've all said above...

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Just go with premium gas as recommended and use lower grade for emergency if no premium is available.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Gray Rider said:
Just go with premium gas as recommended and use lower grade for emergency if no premium is available.

So instead of letting this thread fall off the new post list you post the same thing thats been posted 5 times already? Why bother?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
nocash said:
So instead of letting this thread fall off the new post list you post the same thing thats been posted 5 times already? Why bother?
I did'nt know there is a restriction on what you can voice in this tread. :suspiciou

1 - 10 of 10 Posts