Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled up in Hollywood today and noticed premium is now 91 octane (as opposed to 92). Apparently, California is removing the additive MTBE and replacing it with ethanol (or something else) which lowers the octane a point. This should have no effect on our engines. At least premium is finally under $1.90 a gallon in L.A. (I'm sure the forum readers east of the Rockies are laughing right now). It'd be a whole different deal if the octane was going down and the price was going UP!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Louisiana still has 93.. i believe premium is right around 1.35 or so.. I know for a fact i saw some cheap stuff 87 for 1.15 damn that is gettin low

·
Registered
631 Posts
I saw 93 octane for $1.19 the other day, thought it was at a QT and a Race Trac (about the lowest quality gas around, it seems).

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just filled up with 91 octane for the first time at a Shell station in Sacramento this morning. Most of the stations in San Jose are still 92 octane from what I can remember.

·
11,062 Posts
I got 92 octane Chevron premium for $1.71 on Tuesday, July 17th. It's come down 4 cents in the past two weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
SeattleSheila
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing