Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that on the firewall of my car there is a little black plastic stopper that keeps the pedel from going any farther, can it be taken off and go faster???? i know its a stupid question so dont flame

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
seeing that the IS is on the "drive-by-wire" throttle.. I doubt it's going to do anything. it's already electronically governed, it will not go any faster by removing that plug.
leave it alone. you have too much time on your hands to be looking under the dash to find things to make the car go faster. :lol:

·
8,880 Posts
It's not a bike, son. It doesn't work by the principle of more pedal travel, more power.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
For the LAST TIME, the IS is NOT electronically governed. It's top speed is simply limited by horsepower.

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
webmaster said:
For the LAST TIME, the IS is NOT electronically governed. It's top speed is simply limited by horsepower.
wow, really? I've always thought that it was governed. :oops:

honest mistake, no need to get your panties all up in a bunch webmaster. :D

·
8,880 Posts
Isn't top speed limited by gear ratios (5th Gear Redline~143MPH)? :-? :eek:
BTW, I assume the guy just wanted to go faster, not relative to top speed, but rather acceleration. :roll:

·
Registered
435 Posts
You guys are all idiots, I cut out that stupid black piece and picked up about 46 rwhp on the dyno. The gas mileage sucks and I get a little bit of a shake while between 62 and 71 mph, bgut boy was it worth it.

·
8,880 Posts
Altezza3456 said:
Are u shitting us

WTF?

that cannot be true prove it
A little gullible, are we? :-? :lol:

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
collection said:
You guys are all idiots, I cut out that stupid black piece and picked up about 46 rwhp on the dyno. The gas mileage sucks and I get a little bit of a shake while between 62 and 71 mph, bgut boy was it worth it.
Got dyno charts?

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
About the top speed...I was hit the 143.7 mph (or whatever it was) and held it and it would not go any farther. It was at the top of 5th gear, almost redline. So to go faster, we would either need more horsepower like webmaster said or just need a 6th gear cause there's nothing left in 5th.

·
Registered
435 Posts
bartkat said:
collection said:
Got dyno charts?
My cat ate them, I mean I could show you you know, but you know like it would be hard you know. I'll like get them again you know. 8)

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
About the top speed...I was hit the 143.7 mph (or whatever it was) and held it and it would not go any farther. It was at the top of 5th gear, almost redline. So to go faster, we would either need more horsepower like webmaster said or just need a 6th gear cause there's nothing left in 5th.
A higher gear wouldn't help.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
webmaster said:
yes horsepower and the fact that the car doesnt have any more gears to go through so it doesnt hit redline at 143.7 MPH. It is not and never was electronically governed. The GS 430 is electronically governed though.

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,829 Posts
collection said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
but for real we have a fly by wire throttle control. am i wrong but the further it goes the more fuel to the engine? i have no idea but i just noticed this tonight while i was cleaning my car. has anyone tried it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts