Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm either purchasing an '02 IS300 L-tuned Stage 2, 5spd, navi.... or an '04 TSX, 6spd, navi at the end of this month. One concern I had with the IS was the gas mileage. Can you give me some results you all have been seeing lately? I know the IS was rated a bit lower as far as fuel economy, but those are not always too accurate. Also, can someone help me make up my mind between the 2 cars??? thanks for any info!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
First off, there are many topics where this has been mentioned. Just search for it nad you can find everything from gas saving tips to tipical mileage.

I usually get about 21 mpg, almost all city.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have an '04 TSX (5AT) and get around 27-33 mpg with average to heavy driving.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I'm sure the TSX will get a lot better MPG than the IS300. 4cyl vs. 6cyl. Not only that but Hondas are usually got when it comes to fuel economy and their 4cyl engines. IS300 on the other hand is not economical by all means. Also if you have to force yourself to take it easy on gas with the IS300 and you may somewhat get a decent MPG. :)

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
If your decision is based strictly on gas mileage, go with the TSX.

Otherwise you on an IS300 board, so you know the answer you will get for every other question.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
22-23 mpg consistently

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
pope said:
I say it doesn't really matter either way you fuc*in' go. GAS PRICES. That all I'm sayin'.

The most useless post that I have read in long time. :wtf:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I get a constant 21MPG - 22MPG using premium fuel, ecu PWR mode on, 75% highway, and semi-agressive driving.

Pawel said:
The most useless post that I have read in long time. :wtf:
Yeah I didnt quite understand either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts