Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
There are already tons of posts on how crappy our gas mileage is; but they're all from the US, with varying weather conditions (aka no snow).
Let's compare apples to apples, and see what we should be getting from our cars, and the best ways to improve and save money ($1.00 a litre?!?!? - someone say hybrid IS?) Try to follow the same format to make reading easier.

ECT button On - August in Toronto
Only have K&N Drop in filter (almost due for a cleaning)
Actual: 396KM/54L -> 7.33 KM/L -> 13.63L/100KM
Estimate: 487.66LM/66.5L (Full tank)

I filled up with just under a quarter left. It was 1.08 for premium...bargain right?!!?!1

Trying with ECT button off next.

·
11,061 Posts
Uh...you can't have gas mileage. You have to have gas kilometage... actually that doesn't sound bad with a French accent...

Reactions: IS_Dude

·
Registered
236 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
Uh...you can't have gas mileage. You have to have gas kilometage... actually that doesn't sound bad with a French accent...
Spoken like a true American. :p

Not sure what the ECT button is, but here's some of my numbers

Average City - 450-470 Km's on 55 litres.

Drove to New Brunswick last week.

Left Ottawa full reset trip Odometer.

Went 666 (HAHAHAHA) Km's and filled it with 59 litres. 8.8L/100Km Coulda went further. I was only 60K from the New Brunswick border. From Ottawa to there on only 1 tank of fuel. I was impressed.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I've only had my car for about 2 months now... but I'm consistantly getting between 22 and 23 mpg. (approximately 10.5L/100km)

But if you want good gas mileage... the LAST thing you should do is have the ECT button on power mode!!!! :shocked: It says right in the manuals of Toyota cars that this mode uses more gas!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
i can do approx. 10.2L/100 km. that's like a bit of hwy and city. i have a K&N drop-in filter.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I just filled today. Got 475kms on 52L w/ 19" wheels.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
you guys must be driving your cars pretty softly to get that kind of mileage.i'm lucky if I get 350 on a tank but I like to "drive" the car. minor mods srt intake/ecu high flow cats 5 zigen exhaust,full suspension but I drive the car hard

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WHATTTT?!?!?!? That's insane??? 8.8L/100KM and 10.5L/100KM

They hell is wrong with my car~!
or is it my driving?!?!?!...hmmm, BMW Driver Experience anyone!??! they're in town!!!

I like to drive the car hard every once in a while...but pretty "nancy" with it most of the time,

MORE MORE MORE... who tracks KMs!

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
that's what i was thinking... rep for thinking like me. i feel so close to you. :)

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I consecutively get just under 500kms to a tank of 94 Sunoco until
the redlight goes on... I don't like to push it after that -- so I guess
that would add another 40kms?

j

·
11,061 Posts
Wookie said:
Spoken like a true American. :p
Hey, I was warped very shortly after we moved here to the USA and after all this time I am sure it's permanent. What can I say?

Incidently, I get about 8.3 kms/ltr around town.

·
Registered
312 Posts
IS3DP said:
I barely get 390 kms on an all city tank, most of the time I am gentle!
Something is seriously wrong. Get that checked out because that is way too low, even for pure city driving.

How many litres are you getting for 390?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
im getting around 550-600 on a 55 litres. lots of highway driving.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
My light comes out at about 60L or so. I'm usually well over 500kms at that point.

·
Registered
140 Posts
at 60L im wayyy past my gas light...at least 30-40 kms past it.
when i fill up, i never 'top off' the gas tank though.

i usually get about 420-480kms on a tank, thats going into the gas light for about 10kms.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i don't care about anything else beside my wallet. i drive on snow mode. i just fill up my tank and reset the trip A to 0. hopefully i can do 600km till the light comes on. local and highway driving.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
roxster said:
i don't care about anything else beside my wallet. i drive on snow mode. i just fill up my tank and reset the trip A to 0. hopefully i can do 600km till the light comes on. local and highway driving.
You drive snow mode all the time??? Ack! :jawDrop:

1 - 20 of 291 Posts