Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It been said before that the IS300 gas milage sucks. Any idea what you get in terms of miles/gallon and what type of driving you do, that is highway/city and hard acceleration or just light hearted.

Mine

24 mpg, city, 50/50

Thanks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I get about 18-19 miles to the gallon in the city, Highway I get like 23-24..... I'm not to hard on it. Sometimes I light it up but not to often.

------------------
TC
Spectra/Blue
17" Lexus Chome
'01 Nissan Pathfinder

·
8,880 Posts
14.5-18.5
High speed/ 5Min Warm-ups.

·
11,062 Posts
Mostly stop and go...get on the freeway just for exercise on the weekends. Getting 18 to 19.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have NEVER got anything better than 16mpg and that is with 75%city 25%highway.

I just got the srt intake a couple weeks ago and the first full tank of gas with the intake I only got 11mpg....is that possible??
But that was with driving WOT almost the ENTIRE tank. I really didnt think it was possible to waste THAT much gas.

CAN ANYONE BEAT GETTING 150 MILES OUT OF ONE TANK OF GAS???

------------------
5Zigen Exhaust
SRT High Flow Intake
TRD Sway Bars

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by nutinbut:
I have NEVER got anything better than 16mpg and that is with 75%city 25%highway.
Well, I drive like an old lady or at least "normally"...except when someone makes me mad. Are you hot-rodding?

·
Registered
113 Posts
on a recent trip that totaled 3000 miles i averaged about 24.5 mpg. had the air conditioner on most of the time to keep the windows from fogging up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
Well, I drive like an old lady or at least "normally"...except when someone makes me mad. Are you hot-rodding?

Well, I drive with my foot crammed into the floorboards almost 100 percent of the time....is that hot-rodding??

If it is ....you bet!!!!
Cant help it.. I just love the sound of the engine in the higher rpms with this intake/ecu, and there is only one way to get up there in the 5 to 6 k range, and that is to simply FLOOR IT!! I think I have a sickness.

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by nutinbut:

Well, I drive with my foot crammed into the floorboards almost 100 percent of the time....is that hot-rodding?? If it is ....you bet!!!!

Yeah, well, having fun is costin' ya...but hey, you only live once...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've started measuring after 700mi.
Here are the figures:
15.01mi/gal
17.65mi/gal
18.818mi/gal
14mi/gal

It's mostly city with some highway mileage, and that last one also included 0-60 times.
Rolling start: 6.53sec and 6.48sec
From complete stop (no gas-brake combo): 7.12sec

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
17-19 depending on driving...

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
2000 Razor Scooter w/Wheelie Bar
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
511 Posts
That is surprising. My big ole 3.6 liter BMW engine with six throttle bodies and the same final drive gets 15/22. That is with 280+hp to the rear wheels.

This seems strange that a newer engine wouldn't be 25+ on the highway.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i'm waiting for lexus to revise the IS's restrictive exhuast manifold. Also, from a dyno chart from Toyomoto...the exhuast gases were allegedlly running rather rich in HC (ie wasting gas)... Hey Lexus, how bout' using that gas to make some power?!? 11 MPG is even worse than my rotary....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
RotaryBzzz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing