Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 09 is250, and my gas mileage is about 14.5 mpg. i have AC on all the time. is that normal?

whats the gas mileage on ur car?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
i have a 09 is250, and my gas mileage is about 14.5 mpg. i have AC on all the time. is that normal?

whats the gas mileage on ur car?
Telling us if it's AWD or RWD, and stick or manual, will make significant differences.

That said, I get considerably better mileage in my 350 (21-22 city, 27-28 highway, without trying to save gas), so no, it's probably not normal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Telling us if it's AWD or RWD, and stick or manual, will make significant differences.

That said, I get considerably better mileage in my 350 (21-22 city, 27-28 highway, without trying to save gas), so no, it's probably not normal.
09 RWD Automatic.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
09 RWD Automatic.
That config should be getting the -best- mileage of any 2IS model, so yeah something is seriously wrong unless you're constantly driving it around with the gas pedal floored or your entire traveling is 100% stop-n-go in very heavy traffic (and even then it seems low for a rwd250)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That config should be getting the -best- mileage of any 2IS model, so yeah something is seriously wrong unless you're constantly driving it around with the gas pedal floored or your entire traveling is 100% stop-n-go in very heavy traffic (and even then it seems low for a rwd250)
i just called the guy at the dealership. he told me its normal, he said the 21/26 config is based on the long drive. for us in hawaii is diff because the traffic light is on every block almost. so pretty much is 100% stop and go, and i like to speed always 5-15 miles over the speed limit with AC on max, i found myself pressing the gas pedal down hard everytime. so my tank avg reading is always around 14.5- 15.5 should be right, right?

·
Registered
79 Posts
what? dude i get avg of 22mpg with mildly aggressive driving and daily morning traffic going to UH everyday...
something IS wrong, or you're just not driving right. you shouldn't be constantly on the gas, and i know it's been getting hot here, but putting the AC on max is a lil too much too...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
what? dude i get avg of 22mpg with mildly aggressive driving and daily morning traffic going to UH everyday...
something IS wrong, or you're just not driving right. you shouldn't be constantly on the gas, and i know it's been getting hot here, but putting the AC on max is a lil too much too...
maybe i should drive somewhere far this weekends to test the gas tank. cause its reading at 17.5 right now. so far, i have been only driving from makiki to waikiki, didnt really drive anywhere far or test the car yet.

or is it because my car is still new and havent break in yet? i remember the guy at the dealership saying something about "road die"? or w/e.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i don't think breaking it in makes a big difference. try driving with the current mpg screen on. when i drive, i get to speed, then stay on minimal throttle just to maintain my desired speed... pretty much, i keep the bar around or more than the 30mpg mark as much as possible.
i think you're just on the gas too much... lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
2008 rwd is250 stickshift i average 28ish mpg mixed and around 30-31 tank average and i get around 450 miles between trips. around 80% highway to school. trick is to drive longer on freeway at the speed limit right after you get gas then you'll get better gas mileage

1 - 12 of 12 Posts