Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
what turbo...not that it matters.
as long as you've got bigger injectors you're not gonna get an accurate readin.

It's kinda like wiping your ass with your foot. sorta?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
SophieSleeps said:

You are correct, but why would you go larger injectors outside of F/I?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Wxman said:
SophieSleeps said:

well his sig says...oh yeah turbo. Maybe he's for real unlike the rest of the fockers who say "planning on turbo" but rather have plans for new stickers.

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
Wxman said:
SophieSleeps said:

well his sig says...oh yeah turbo. Maybe he's for real unlike the rest of the fockers who say "planning on turbo" but rather have plans for new stickers.
yep.. turbo
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=133739525&highlight=#133739525

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, i decided to keep the kit and put it on...

but anyway u guys say that there will be a inaccurate reading on the gas gauge, but the thing is the needle just sits at the same place since the last time i put gas in my car...

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
whose kit, where does the needle sit at, and be more descriptive

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Intensive IS300 said:
the needle sits little over 1/4 tank.

its the Rev Hard kit...
who installed it?
maybe they damaged the sensor when they removed the fuel pump?

The in-tank casing has shit flying off of it in weird directions...like a fergina lip. If you pull it straight out you could possibly do some damage.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Intensive IS300 said:
couple friends and i installed the kit, there was no fuel pump with the kit...that is why im curious about this problem
Really don't know. Usually the gauge will work until it hits the 1/4 mark or a tad bit above it.

Below that position, anything is fair game and you'll really have no idea.

Never heard of it sticking at that position. Did you check to see if anyone stuck bubblicious gum on the pin?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
alright, does the gauge read 1/4 tank all of the time, or does the car run out of gas at a 1/4 tank

if i have to keep pulling information from you, like i was pulling your teeth, i'm just going to lock the post and let you figure it out for yourself, otherwise start writing something descriptive and detailed. no one wants to drag information out of you, when trying to help you

-gte

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
if there is no fuel pump with the kit, how are you supplying the necessary fuel?

The stock pump maxed out around 260-270rwhp on my car.

·
Registered
946 Posts
IS300GTE said:
alright, does the gauge read 1/4 tank all of the time, or does the car run out of gas at a 1/4 tank

if i have to keep pulling information from you, like i was pulling your teeth, i'm just going to lock the post and let you figure it out for yourself, otherwise start writing something descriptive and detailed. no one wants to drag information out of you, when trying to help you

-gte
Intensive IS300 said:
yea, i decided to keep the kit and put it on...

but anyway u guys say that there will be a inaccurate reading on the gas gauge, but the thing is the needle just sits at the same place since the last time i put gas in my car...
Intensive IS300 said:
the needle sits little over 1/4 tank.

its the Rev Hard kit...
It seems those questions were already answered. Someone might still come along who might know the fix for a guage that just plain isn't working.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
has the gauge sat like that for a week, a month, 3 months
has he filled it up 1 time, 10 times, 20 times
did it do that as soon as he put the kit on?
did he touch anything inside of the tank?

if he did, i'd bet he didn't connect the float, or it came off inside of the tank, but he hasn't told us if he even touched inside of the tank, has he?

there is no way the gauge just coincidentally stopped working, there is a slim chance he could have fried an electrical piece, through a series of mishaps, but i really doubt it

see if you forgot to put your float back onto the sending unit, and is any of the lights flashing in the gas gauge area, such as the low level light?

-gte

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IS300GTE said:
has the gauge sat like that for a week, a month, 3 months
has he filled it up 1 time, 10 times, 20 times
did it do that as soon as he put the kit on?
did he touch anything inside of the tank?

if he did, i'd bet he didn't connect the float, or it came off inside of the tank, but he hasn't told us if he even touched inside of the tank, has he?

there is no way the gauge just coincidentally stopped working, there is a slim chance he could have fried an electrical piece, through a series of mishaps, but i really doubt it

see if you forgot to put your float back onto the sending unit, and is any of the lights flashing in the gas gauge area, such as the low level light?

-gte

-gas gauge has sat like that all day today.
-filled up 2 times, (the first tank was fine, gauge worked perfectly).
-no it didnt do it right after we put on the kit.(after the i put in the 2nd tank of gas, the gauge just stopped a lil over 1/4 tank.)
-we didnt mess with the fuel tank at all.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
ok, if you didn't mess with the tank, did you do anything with the injectors? larger injectors, new clips, anything?

is the fuel system completely stock? did you do anything with the ecu wiring?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts