Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, new owner of a custom painted Inca Gold IS300 2002 E-Shift. I've noticed the gas gauge is stuck on the empty position and does not go up. I've filled the car up on gas and the needle still stays in the empty position like the gauges in the top window of this page. I bought the car in Florida and brought it up to NJ and just noticed this. I don't want any flamers saying I shoula noticed it earlier because it was transported by a truck up here. Just looking for possible causes of the problem and how to fix it.
thankxs a lot
Z

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
how many miles do you have? Is the warrantee still valid? I would just take it to the dealer for them to look at.

·
Registered
406 Posts
did this happen after you put petrol in??? i ask as this also somretimes happens to me, after u have fillled up if i start the car straight away the guage stays at the bottom for a while then goes up, but if i turn the key to the acc position then leave it for a second or 2 until the needle rises then its fine. - otherwise it might be the sender unit in the tank.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
maddskkilz said:
Hi everybody, new owner of a custom painted Inca Gold IS300 2002 E-Shift. I've noticed the gas gauge is stuck on the empty position and does not go up. I've filled the car up on gas and the needle still stays in the empty position like the gauges in the top window of this page. I bought the car in Florida and brought it up to NJ and just noticed this. I don't want any flamers saying I shoula noticed it earlier because it was transported by a truck up here. Just looking for possible causes of the problem and how to fix it.
thankxs a lot
Z
where in NJ u at?? we got some good dealerships here who can definatly help you out, or even me and other people could take a look and see whats up...

let me know....good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm in parsippany, it was a rebuilt title so the car doesn't have a warranty on it, but i was wondering if anyone in nj could take a look at it, or what dealership would be a good one to take it to? i've waited a couple days and the gauge still won't go up. any other suggestions/ideas?
thanx[/b]

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
go check out warnock lexus in livingston on rt 10 west....

·
Registered
946 Posts
I had this happen the day after Christmas. I had never driven in freezing temperature before. I took the car out of my sister's garage and went to fill up with Sunoco 94. The temp outside was 28 deg. F. After filling up, the gas guage stuck at empty and a little round yellow light came on just to the right of the fuel guage. So I drove about a mile and pulled over and opened the gas cap again and closed the little door. This didn't help.

Then about 100 miles down the road and at an outside temp of 34 deg. F, the guage hopped up to half tank. Another 20 miles later at a rest stop, I pulled in, opened and closed the gas cap again and restarted the car and the guage started reading correctly again.

The only thing I can pin this on is the outside temp being below freezing for the first time since I've had the car, but I don't know exactly why.

·
Registered
143 Posts
its most likely the multiplex ecu. :lol:
it could be the sending units but if it never works and it dead set below E its mostliekly the wiring for the sending unit. IE: rat damage or like you stated it was in a wreak and wires got severed?

skot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts