Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I recently changed my spark plugs and did some other maintenance items and when I took off the timing belt cover I saw that I am in need of changing the belt.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good shop? Lexus of Fife only has their timing belt special (Lexus of Tacoma at Fife is a Fife Lexus dealer and a new car and used car Fife WA Lexus dealership.) and the guy I spoke too insinuated that I could not just schedule to change the belt on its own.

I was going to reach out to some of the Toyota dealerships, however thought it best to reach out to the my.is members in this area first. I looked at the DIY and I definitely can't try to do this work myself. Done plenty of other stuff like installing Figs mega arms and springs, however messing with the timing and cranks is where I draw the line.

Any help is much appreciated. :grin:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a sticky on tuner shops at the top. Tuner shops can do maintenance stuff pretty easily.

http://my.is/forums/f107/2015-nw-tuner-shops-550337/

Since you are in Tacoma, I suggest going to Fair Lady Motorsport. The owner Doug has an extensive knowledge about cars. Call him and ask.
Thanks DemonIs300 - I have frequented the older list in the past before. I wasn't aware it was updated. Also thanks for recommending the Fair Lady Tuner Shop and providing the owners name.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts