Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in the bayarea, as u know, not that many racers *unless ur in sf*
and most cars that stuck around my place are basically beatable by is300 :-?

but yesterday, i was driving around doing my shit and all, and i saw 7 g35 !
yes, seven !! all of em were in silver, which was kinda lame :boring: . and yes, they were owned by different people cos i saw their faces...

they were all white hairs... the youngest was one milf with a brown hair if i am not wrong... which were good, cos they basically dont race....

yet, just think about it... sooner or later, there gotta be more tasteless youngster that take g35 for their car, and then it will breed... like pestilence... and soon, our car will become their subject of kills !!!

does any of u guys find this as frustrating as i do? i mean all the talk and shit, my car only got an exhaust, and the sight of a g35 just kinda make me shiver

lets forget for once that infiniti is a nissan and they will break down in a year or two, or the fact that the car has an uglier interior and even a more fuglier exterior, just think about the speed....

:pissed:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Who cares, if you really feel the need to race everyone and win then spend 5k on a bike. How fast the car can go doesn't define it, you buy the whole car not just the engine. If you take the IS300 as a whole, it can't be beaten. Looks, power, speed, refinement, handling, price, upgradability, name one car that can beat an IS in all those categories.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've have seen 2 and both were silver. I thought that it looked pretty sharp. I would have to agree with one of the above posts' that the is300 has many cars beat in many ways.

vmj007

·
Registered
603 Posts
the sight of a g35 just kinda make me shiver
Yeah, I shiver every time I see the front grille. It's hideous.

Which part of bay area do you live in? I commute between south bay and san mateo, and whenever I see a G35, I see 2 other IS300 the same day.

I'd very doubt youngsters will catch on and buy G35s. None my young friends like G35's styling, but old ones tend to like G35 better than IS. I think it's an age thing.

Just be cool. You have to realize there are lots of great cars in the $30k segment. No car is perfect, and no one is absolutely better than another. Be content with what you drive; you're not driving a Camry or a Taurus.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i live in cupertino, somewhere between stevens creek and de anza boulevard, there are a lot of is owners here in the bay, its just weird, cos everytime i saw an is, i just give my hands up, u know kinda salute them, some of you salute b4 me, or salute me back, but most of the time people just kinda pretend that i am a prick, which is annoying :pissed:

anyway, i am the ggp is with the drager II exhaust, cant miss me, cos i am putting the altezza badge and calipers tomorrow, so yeah is300 altezza conversion with hks dragger 8)

regarding about the g35, i saw one guy mention it look sharp, are you serious bud ???? none of my friends like g35, and yes, is300 win in most category, i have to agree, i cant say enough how i love my car, but in speed.... damn i am saving now for the plp sc.... we are kinda slow in our class :cry:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh, regarding would like to change my car for another car in our class?

bmw 330i: maybe, but that will only happen when i start to not seeing them less than 20 - 50 bmw in every hour

acura-tl type s: no

audi a4: yup, its a sure no

g35: when i reach 45, maybe

volvo, jaguar, or any american cars: yes, only when all the germany and japanese car manufacture have gone bankrupt...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
The G35 sedan will be choosen by the older crowd...but the coupe on the other hand, will become the younger person choice weapon.

The coupe's only been out for a month, but wait till spring and you'll start seeing them everywhere....especially in front of you :wink:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I too live in Cupertino (it is in CA) and I saw a G35 sedan near Rancho San Antonia AND it is just as ugly in the real world as it in pictures. Those freakishly elongated headlights drawn close to that puckered grill. I am so glad that I caught the front because I KNOW the back is even worse.

Are people so enamored by the "new thing" that something ugly becomes pretty to them. Seeing a G35 reminded me of my first Cadillac CTS sighting. It was in that horrible baby-diaper-diarhea brown color. And it did give me a shiver or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as the new G35 coupe... i'm just amazed that there's 280 horses under the hood. Even though they haven't release the 0-60 numbers but its gotta be a little under six which is pretty darn fast for the price that your paying. And i'm sorry to say but our is300's (for those of us who drive stock) has a 0-60 of 7.3! Even the old civic si's have a 0-60 of 7.2. And for those who are addicted to speed... i'm sure a lot of you have been thinking that same thing i've been thinking... taking that 4-7k loss on your investment to trade in for something faster. :crazy: I still love my IS though... even though got smoked by my friend's 330 ci the other day.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Monkeyfunkey said:
Even though they haven't release the 0-60 numbers but its gotta be a little under six which is pretty darn fast for the price that your paying
Best so far was Motor Trend:
0-60 5.8
1/4 mile [email protected]

All the other mags have been btwn 6-6.2 secs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
17 Participants
Trovador
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing