Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Love the sound of the g35 infiniti loud and deep. What can I do to my is300 to give it that sound.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
:roll:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
hks dragger sounds very similar if not better to the g35 and the z's

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Get a HKS Hiper and Xerd Race pipe and you will have a deeper exhaust tone than a G35

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
buy one

Montreal said:
I Love the sound of the g35 infiniti loud and deep. What can I do to my is300 to give it that sound.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
i dont think you can make an inline six sound like a v6...i think an inline six has has one side but v6 has 2 banks so it sounds different
2 exhausts you mean?

the GS 300 has dual exhausts.....same motor as the IS 300

the I6 sounds so much better then the V6

·
Registered
538 Posts
Cars always sound different when you drive in them versus BEHIND THEM.. the IS300 sounds week from inside when you drive it, but it sounds AWESOME when you're behind one and the guy floors it..
Even a stock IS300 sounds bad ass from behind.. It' sounds like a tuned jet!..
btw, anybody heard an EVO from behind when it's on the boost.. It's a friggen JET!
The V6 G's and 350Z's have a raspy shitty toy like sound!..

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
brads said:
Cars always sound different when you drive in them versus BEHIND THEM.. the IS300 sounds week from inside when you drive it, but it sounds AWESOME when you're behind one and the guy floors it..
btw, anybody heard an EVO from behind when it's on the boost.. It's a friggen JET!
I never listened from behind the car. I'll have to find a trustworthy driver and try that. :)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
brads said:
im gonna have to agree, they remind me of a stock mustang GT, kind of raspy and nasty, not what you'd expect from a 30+ thousand car

·
Registered
805 Posts
jw

so does a hks hiper sound deeper than a greddy evo? or just louder?
Also is there a post somewhere that tells about each exausht and what it sounds like....deeper....annoying......quite...etc?

·
Registered
932 Posts
BUTRBALL12 said:
brads said:
im gonna have to agree, they remind me of a stock mustang GT, kind of raspy and nasty, not what you'd expect from a 30+ thousand car

Gotta be kidding me. The stock GT sounds mean as hell. Love the growl of the V8.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why does my car sound like an NA supra? I'm sorry, for a different/unique sound its rotary or boxer. Just be glad our cars don't make civic sounds.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
IS300_on_twankies said:
BUTRBALL12 said:
brads said:

Gotta be kidding me. The stock GT sounds mean as hell. Love the growl of the V8.
well yeah the GT has a growl to it but its your its that raspy noise that it produces that i cant stand. Just my opinion, i dont like the sound, makes it sound cheap

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
the Inline6's simply sound better IMO that no other V-engine can duplicate. Seems like the V engine sounds a little more raspy like everyone says.... but i saw a white G35 coupe yesterday on the 405.... clean as hell... had Hyper black rims w/ clear side markers. That looks to be it.... looks freakin awesome!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

If I added a P-Flow Or K & N Cone what would be the change ? Does the Is300 need an adapter or does the p-flow fit?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts