Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does that require a metal PRIMER b4 the actual painting? or is the BRAKE CALIPER PAINT REACTOR act as the primer???? I just got the kit and it didnt come with a METAL PRIMER... I WANNA PAINT MY BRAKES QUICK!! tell me howw!! haha i read the HOW TO PAINT BRAKE CALIPERs.... but i dunno if the G2 kit requires a METAL PRIMER... the directions doesnt mention anything about metal primer... so tell what should i do? should i just buy the metal primer?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
nah, i don't think you need it. i just painted mine this past weekend. if you use the brake cleaner & maybe a wire brush to brush off any rust, you'll be good...

if you check around the various posts on this topic, not everyone used a metal primer. i remember reading that you don't necessarily need a metal primer.

good luck! i'm sure you'll be REALLY happy with the G2 kit...i am! :lol:

·
Registered
826 Posts
i didn't use a metal primer with G2 paint only what he said ^ brake cleaner and a wire brush to clean. Very easy, simple and beautiful :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.