Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI for anyone with a manual. Finally today I got my car back after having the throwout bearing replaced, new pressure plate, clutch bearing and new clutch disc. Now the reason for all this was that damn chirping noise in neutral. The clutch cylinder was already replaced about 2 months ago and that did nothing but make the noise LOUDER. The head service tech originally told me they would replace my throwout, but any WEARABLE parts such as the clutch would not be warranty. At the time I didn't care b/c my car only has 25k miles, no mods and I don't think I drive it too hard. Anyway, they found out my clutch was burned up and replaced it free, probably because they realize that this throwout bearing thing is a real problem. All in all, I'm happy because my car is quiet as hell now and it drives like a different beast.

Anyone who is in the same situation and has to pay for any of this should really call Lexus and complain.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I've seen this chirping noise mentioned numerous times....when does it occur? Is it just a continuous chirp when you are in neutral? I've noticed a squeak sometimes when I'm in neutral and I press in the clutch, but I figured that it was just something that could be cured by a little WD-40.

Is this the same thing as the chirp that everyone mentions?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
the chirping comes from the throwout bearing... and sounds like a quiet whipple supercharger.... its constant until u engage the clutch and then the sound simply goes away... sometimes it comes and goes... other days its always there when in neutral...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.