Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK 2IS owners here is what I learned the hard way. I bought a set of ccfl lamps off a local guy that bought them and was to afraid to install them. I modd just about anything I can get my hands on, so I took them. The only hitch was, that he didn't have the packaging or instructions but said they are from ACCSTYLES.COM and they would Gladly get me the instructions. Which Steve did. Props to Steve. AAC instructions are top notch and made this install way to easy.
Well the lights didn't look exactly like AACSTYLES but I didn't really pay much attention to that and did the install. It's all done and the car is back together. First thing I noticed was that the auto leveling did not work; I went for a drive and noticed the adaptive lighting wasn't turning with the car. After investigation I found that they are hitting against the adaptive housing. I don't recommend these lights to anyone and I will be buying a set from ACC and redoing the install soon. However if you do end up with a set of them and decide against my warnings and want to install them. Then brake or cut off the tabs and epoxy the lights flush with the housing. If you don't have adaptive lighting you shouldn't have any problems. REALLY, DON'T DO IT!
If you end up like me and have to reopen your head lights two times you will need to add in some new sealant, just a small bead. Get "SECA" sealant and heat it in your oven per their instruction.
I went on a hunt for these and of course found them on eBay. here is the link
eBay Motors: 06 07+ LEXUS IS250/IS350 CCFL HALO HEADLIGHTS ANGEL EYE (item 120234945209 end time Mar-22-08 14:24:39 PDT)

Don't bother going to M-1000.com it's mostly in Japanese and is hard to find product on there.

Lesson Learned!!! I will get some pics uploaded so that everyone can see them installed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
As Promised, here are the picks of it.
Take down

The blue LEDs came in today for the running lights, I'll get those in and get some pics tonight.

·
Registered
636 Posts
looks very clean, practically OEM. too bad they didn't work out... let us know how the new ones work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
adaptive lighting was an option rite ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
adaptive lighting was an option rite ?
Yes it was an option, your invoice should say if you have it. you can also cycle thru your dash menu it'll say AFS on/off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New AAC Style Halo's w/ Paint

It's been forever since I have been on here.......Sorry bout that........Army keeps me freaking busy....... I promised pic's of the new halos but with a twist..........I painted the chrome inserts to match the cars color. I also made the side marker a LED turn signal. I'll create a new post for that mod later. If anyone wants a post for the 20 dollar blast box I made to take off the chrome before I painted the inserts let me know. Warning, If you plan to just drop your inserts in to a blast box to do this mod... DO NOT use sand as a media as it will pit the plastic. Use the baking soda that comes in the plastic bottles. Baking soda takes the chrome off in a hurry but will not harm the plastic. the con is that baking soda fogs up the looking glass easily and slows down the blasting process. Any questions..... let me know. Please leave you opinions.

I don't know why the fogs look yellowish.... they're not. In person they all match pretty well. Also all front lights are Xenon, People in front of me at night hate my lights, I can barely tell the difference between High beam and Low beam

I'll try for a better night pic and add it on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
how did u get the inside of the light starfire pearl? I am trying to put gunmetal inside my smoky granite mica IS

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's been forever since I have been on here.......Sorry bout that........Army keeps me freaking busy....... I promised pic's of the new halos but with a twist..........I painted the chrome inserts to match the cars color. I also made the side marker a LED turn signal. I'll create a new post for that mod later. If anyone wants a post for the 20 dollar blast box I made to take off the chrome before I painted the inserts let me know. Warning, If you plan to just drop your inserts in to a blast box to do this mod... DO NOT use sand as a media as it will pit the plastic. Use the baking soda that comes in the plastic bottles. Baking soda takes the chrome off in a hurry but will not harm the plastic. the con is that baking soda fogs up the looking glass easily and slows down the blasting process. Any questions..... let me know. Please leave you opinions.

I don't know why the fogs look yellowish.... they're not. In person they all match pretty well. Also all front lights are Xenon, People in front of me at night hate my lights, I can barely tell the difference between High beam and Low beam

I'll try for a better night pic and add it on.
is that OEM front lip?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how did u get the inside of the light starfire pearl? I am trying to put gunmetal inside my smoky granite mica IS
I took the light apart to replace the halo's........... since I had them apart I ordered the paint from carquest paints and shot it myself............ It was the first time I did any color matching with pearls.......... I'll put up a full tutorial on how I did it and post a link here for you............

GFX lip....

those white housings came out a bit off on the color... white pearl is so frustrating
Actually the lip is OEM........ The car is all factory, except...... the lights and I put on a K&N Typhoon intake............ I still have plans for the F-sport parts and I found new quarter panels, hood and front and side skirts that I'll eventually get added on......... Right now though....... all mods to the car have been put on hold as I'm moving to Hawaii in a little over a month and I'm looking to buy a place...........

I took the pics of the paint directly after I put it all back together, now that the paint has had time to cure the color blends much better......... also I did not add a urathane clear coat to it......... didn't see a need as it is sealed up behind the clear protective housing. That made it look a bit off at first. when I put up the tut, I'll add a new photo of the front.

Opinions are welcomed, I personally think it gives the car a much sportier look. The Techs at the Austin dealership loved it.

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Looking good! I see you upgraded to the ORACLE halos and now your halos match :)

Are you in Austin? I know lots of people in Austin looking for an installer to put their halos in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking good! I see you upgraded to the ORACLE halos and now your halos match :)

Are you in Austin? I know lots of people in Austin looking for an installer to put their halos in.
Thanks, I wish I bought the ORACLEs to begin with, would have saved me a lot grief.

Actually I'm 45 minutes north of Austin, in Fort Hood/Killeen. I would be happy to help fellow IS owners with their halos, however I'm leaving the first week of March for Hawaii. That will be my duty station for the next four years.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Actually the lip is OEM........
Yes your kit is OEM.. but its the OEM GFX Kit.. Theres a big differnce between stock OEM and OEM GFX.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts