Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's discussion is S-AFC OR S-AFC II, is it worth you're buck to upgrade to the 2nd version if you currently have the first?

Would you even consider buying the 1st version since there's an upgraded version out now?

Pro's and con's of the 1st version over the S-AFC II.

Pro's and cons of the 2nd version over the 1st. S-AFC.

Note:
1st version=S-AFC
2nd version=S-AFC II

·
Registered
104 Posts
The only signal the S-AFC / S-AFCII can modify is the airflow. Therefore, you will not get any performance improvement from one over the other since they both do the same thing.

The S-AFCII is physically smaller and also comes in Black with White display lettering instead of just Silver with Blue lettering. It also uses a type of display that is brighter. There are a few other display related differences. Basically, it fits and looks better.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
the SAFCII has more Ne points "aka tuning points" i believe its 8 versus 12. the more points available for tuning the more refined your fuel curve will be. also all of these points can be changed. by points i mean rpm intervals.

also the SAFCII has a knocking monitor to let you know if you've leaned out your car too much. or if you are pinging.

there are numerous topics on the SAFCII i suggest you do a search

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Frydryce said:
the SAFCII has more Ne points "aka tuning points" i believe its 8 versus 12. the more points available for tuning the more refined your fuel curve will be. also all of these points can be changed. by points i mean rpm intervals.

also the SAFCII has a knocking monitor to let you know if you've leaned out your car too much. or if you are pinging.

there are numerous topics on the SAFCII i suggest you do a search
I believe the rpm intervals on S-AFC can be set in 500 rpm adjustments, while the AFC II is upgraded to 200 rpm adjustments. correct me if i am wrong. thats a pretty nice upgrade.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
if you keep the defaults yes i think the difference is from 500 to 200, however you can customize the Ne points any way you want as long as you keep to 12 points anywhere along the rpm range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts