Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've been having to pull the plug on the battery to reset my ECU once in a while to fix my flashing trac light and engine light. I tried just pulling the ECU's fuse out from the fuse box and it didn't work... Is there a specific fuse I can pull out to reset the car? Including traction control? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
the bigger question is, why do you have to keep doing that?

what aftermarket product is causing that?

dj-jay said:
Hey guys I've been having to pull the plug on the battery to reset my ECU once in a while to fix my flashing trac light and engine light. I tried just pulling the ECU's fuse out from the fuse box and it didn't work... Is there a specific fuse I can pull out to reset the car? Including traction control? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
IS300GTE said:
the bigger question is, why do you have to keep doing that?

what aftermarket product is causing that?

dj-jay said:
I agree

·
Premium Member
52,535 Posts
After you pull the fuse you need to wait 10 minutes or so for power to bleed off.

However, I agree with the above. You have some problem causing those lights and that problem should be addressed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My problem is my CAI keeps tripping the damn lights... I bought SAFC to fix but didn't fix it... someone else i know who had an AEM short ram tripepd the lights too, but after he installed the SAFC it fixed it.

What to do.....

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
dj-jay said:
My problem is my CAI keeps tripping the damn lights... I bought SAFC to fix but didn't fix it... someone else i know who had an AEM short ram tripepd the lights too, but after he installed the SAFC it fixed it.

What to do.....
you need to "tune" the SAFC before it'll do anything to help get rid of the CEL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts