Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, my car stalled on me while i was driving and had it towed to the dealership and they told me my "AMP2" fuse was blown and needed to be replaced.... they fixed it for me and i was on my way... well while i was on the highway leaving my car STALLS AGAIN!!! same situation. I was soo pissed, then I finally realized that I had a wire from my subwoffer hanging loose and it was sparkin against the other wires and thats what probably caused the amp2 fuse to blow? RIGHT? so i had the car towed to my house b/c the dealer isnt open till monday.

the question I have is anyone know where the AMP2 fuse is located?? there is 3 boxes of fuses under the hood. any one know how to get to the AMP2 fuse? I really dont wanna wait till monday and have it towed or anything, any answers would be awesome
Thanks a million guys!!

Fraz

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
fraz said:
found the fuse, got it fixed, phew!

fraz
i was about to say...find you a helms manual...and get the Schematics on your car...trace the fuse...find it and get another fuse for it...very simple 8) but i'd get that wire from your amp fixed quick cause it can eventually fry your ECU which can lead to EVEN BIGGER PROBLEMS :cry:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where do i get those kinda manuals? Do they have repair manuals out for the IS300? I remember goin to advance auto parts or autozone and seeing repair manuals for american cars and they explain EVERY detail on how to fix a problem in the car, they got those for IS300's? that'd be awesome. thanks for the tip,

Fraz

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
fraz said:
where do i get those kinda manuals? Do they have repair manuals out for the IS300? I remember goin to advance auto parts or autozone and seeing repair manuals for american cars and they explain EVERY detail on how to fix a problem in the car, they got those for IS300's? that'd be awesome. thanks for the tip,

Fraz
explained on AIM 8) and for all you others that want to know....yes they do carry them...if they dont have them in stock you will have to order them :chill:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing