Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was stopped in a first lane in an intersection...this driver in a honda civic on third lane was going crazy rapidly pointing his finger at my car. I think he was trying to say..." dude, that's a bad @$$ car!" I can read lips!:lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Damn it.. I can't wait to see the reaction when I get mine! This city is full of little riced out Hondas that sound twice as loud as they are fast. I can't wait to show them the V8 Fury too :) Enoy the people staring while it lasts, I hope to join in the fun soon.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
F-U all :lol: J/K

I wish I could afford a 6 digit car :(

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I catch people taking double and triple takes. I also see random flashes at night from cars nearby (probably camera phones). Today I visited the dealership to thank my salesguy, I couldn't find any parking spaces so I parked in the used car lot. I walked away and came back later.. saw people standing in front of my car asking salesmen if they could purchase my vehicle. I told em sorry.. but I'd let it go for $80k. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This car is dangerous! some people can get into an accident, just like the other day, this guy is rubbernecking on my car so hard, he was lucky...nobody was in front of him!:)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I see people looking at the car all the time. Honestly I'm afraid to park it sometimes. I wish there was a button I could push to put it in stealth mode and makes it look like a normal car. Then when I hop back in and push the ISF button and the fenders flare out exposing the side vents :) Had a porsche cayman give me a thumbs up on the highway tonight.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
not gonna lie, I freaked out when I saw an IS-F on the highway. I yelled at my mom to catch up to it but she doesnt know how to go faster than 100km/h

We finally caught up to it while it was at the exit ramp, so damn nice -.-

·
Registered
55 Posts
haha yeaa people are constantly staring and pointing at my is-f. especially with my ultasonic blue color, it sure gets a lot of attention. ive had people ask me to slow down on the freeway so they could take a picture:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
haha...I got a few stories...first one was when I came out of the President days meet at the OC...and two cars that were not at the meet that were driving lexus cars started taking pictures and slowing down trying to look at the whole car...heh...next was also at the meet but a BMW 335i coupe was going the other direction...saw my car and just totally turned his head around to see the car...others were on the 60 freeway a fixed up nissan 350z was slowing down to see my car while I was in the slow lane...heh...another is while on baldwin a BMW 545i followed me and while I was turning left he busted a U to give me a thumbs up....another was a pasadena parking enforcer was looking at my car at night while I was driving and asked me that it was the first IS-F he's seen and he was like damn...that's a nice car!....and just tonight...some guy in an old fixed up nissan (probably turbo) was looking at my car, but I needed to change lanes and he wouldn't let me so I smoked him...:) many others but can't remember them all....;)

·
Registered
725 Posts
like you guy I get looks one day coming from work some girl and her mom were behind in there RX350 and she startes snapping her camera phone. Also I had a couple of guys in porsche's a carrera4 and twin turbo check out the car. Also speaking of giving the thumbs up I was in a shopping and some pedestrain saw the car and gave me the thumbs up. My co-workers all love the color choice. Going to work in the morning yesterday I got a look from an older guy driving an aston martin db9 there nice cars.... Its funny how this car draws attention especially from the beemer crowd..hehe take care

·
Registered
49 Posts
Besides the added attention since this car is rare here for now I would have to say having to fill up the tank 4x per week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree with everything that has been stated about owning the IS-F, it does draw attention in my area. Since having my IS-F...I have found small groups of teenagers around my car when I return from shopping or doing some errands. Most have been very respectful. However in two months, I have had my black pearl chrome valve caps stolen, one black pearl emblem stolen, and one F badge (rear) stolen when I leave my car parked in a grocery store or shopping mall. I have now resorted to only going grocery shopping at 7am (right when they open), not parking my car at the mall, not parking my car at the movies, etc. I must admit the stress of being somewhere with my car out of view takes the fun out of going out if I am driving. I agree with others that having a flashy car is nice when you are in the car and able to keep an eye on it, but it also makes you worry when you have to leave it parked for extended periods of time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts