Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that new cars cat. converters make funny smell burning in, however my car now has 5K+ miles on it and I still get that smell when I get on it. Some of me thinks it could even be the tranny because it happens when it downshifts 2 gears. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Haven't experienced that smell.

Question: What does 97MPower's mom's crotch smell like???

Answer: "Depends"

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
My cat converter actually got clogged a couple weeks ago- only had around 2000 miles. Those goofy bastards at my dealer installed new ones. I notice the smell also, from time to time.
Also when I pass by the Meadowlands.

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Originally posted by PMD911:
My cat converter actually got clogged a couple weeks ago- only had around 2000 miles. Those goofy bastards at my dealer installed new ones. I notice the smell also, from time to time.
Also when I pass by the Meadowlands.
I hear that. The Meadowlands smells pretty f*ckin' rank...

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Upon releasing the accelerator above around 2500 rpm, the car kept making a metallic noise. The car also didn't speed up as well. I brought it in and a dude said that the converter started clogging up. He had no clue why.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got about 2k miles and my car has that smell every time I drive it. I'm just assuming its because the new engine. who knows???
Originally posted by croddy:
I know that new cars cat. converters make funny smell burning in, however my car now has 5K+ miles on it and I still get that smell when I get on it. Some of me thinks it could even be the tranny because it happens when it downshifts 2 gears. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the funny smell and it seems to smell when I have been flooring it and TRAC off i duno, and also I have no muffler
(Dont ask hehe, friends and I wanted to see what it would sound like and it sound pretty good)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
how much for the old muffler? where did you hack it off at? lmk

Originally posted by Dustin:
I have the funny smell and it seems to smell when I have been flooring it and TRAC off i duno, and also I have no muffler
(Dont ask hehe, friends and I wanted to see what it would sound like and it sound pretty good)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts