Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When people disparage the IS300, they say 'confuse' it with one of these other cars:

1. Corolla (most popular insult)
2. Civic
3. Tercel
4. Celica

Silly at best...just plain ignorant at worst.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Ford Focus sedan. Oh...the horror of it...

But who cares. You know it's a Lexus and REAL enthusiasts know it's a Lexus. That's all that matters.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I swear, some of them make absolutely no sense whatsoever (Tercel and Celica in particular). They must be smoking some good crack.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I can sort of understand the civic part. I I've mistaken the old civic for is300 sometimes when I see it's rear end from far away. I think its the angle of the rear pillar that makes the car seems similar to is300.

·
2,909 Posts
I remember an article in Car and Driver magazine few years ago where the asked their readers to guess which family sedan is which. They had mostly all manufacturers family sedans pictured with a line underneath each car for the reader to fill in. It seemed easy at first but then I realized it was not, most of them looked somewhat identical. It's no surprise to me that there are similarities with the IS to other cars. Ok, so the Civic, a Corolla are in a different classification as far as cars go but, when these companies know what looks sell they usually tend to have those similarities between them. At least you won't mistake a Daewoo for the IS!

My .02

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dealer didn't know anything about the Sportcross coming up, just knew it was a wagon IS...

Said if you looked at the Mazda wagon like FullyLoaded said, the curves and lines are VERY similar to the Sportcross...and it kind of is...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
AzNIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing