Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my IS about two weeks ago, so not all my friends and co-workers have seen the car. Recetnly I was showing one of the guys I work with the car and the girl we were working with overheard and wanted to see. After seeing the car the girl said its really cool it looks like an Echo (ouch)!! I just laughed and said yeah it probably drives like on too. But this hurt an ECHO, that may be the worst comparison yet. This post was not intended to imply that girls dont know about cars so do take it there with your posts. Just a funny story. I think

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
come on man, everyone knows girls dont' know sh|t about cars
hahahahahaha JUUUUUUST KIDDING..but for the most part its true. some girl told me an m3 is just a 328 with a bigger engine....i almost SLAPPED that ho...hahhaahahah. then came the other comment....some chicks saw my car and they said, "how asian, its lowered"....and it was at its STOCK HEIGHT. is it my fault bmw lowered the m3 an inch? shoot hahhahaha. don't let me get started on the whole honda thing with te rims/systems/and spoilers...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by mrclam:
hahahahahaha JUUUUUUST KIDDING..but for the most part its true. some girl told me an m3 is just a 328 with a bigger engine....i almost SLAPPED that ho...hahhaahahah. then came the other comment....some chicks saw my car and they said, "how asian, its lowered"....and it was at its STOCK HEIGHT. is it my fault bmw lowered the m3 an inch? shoot hahhahaha. don't let me get started on the whole honda thing with te rims/systems/and spoilers...
I knew someone would do it. Your gonna get it now.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
Originally posted by mrclam:
I knew someone would do it. Your gonna get it now.

there aren't too many girls on this forum to get yelled at by...

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by webmaster:
I drove into the drivethru at TacoBell one night and two guys were out smoking in the back and I heard one guy ask the other as I started to order, "Is that the new Focus?"...

smoking or smoking out?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by HIBBoyScott:
there aren't too many girls on this forum to get yelled at by...
Humm, do girls actually have lives?? Whats worong with me I'm on this site every free minute I get. Help me!!!!

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Humm, do girls actually have lives?? Whats worong with me I'm on this site every free minute I get. Help me!!!!
I'm here dammit and YES I have a life. The girl who said it looked like an Echo is truly a dumb a$$ and doesn't deserve to ride in a Lexus.

As for girls not knowing jack about cars, it's true a lot don't. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I DON'T!!!! I'm not yelling - say what you want about girls - as long as it's not about me. I'll only defend them if it's necessary.

------------------
2001 IS300
Graphite Gray Pearl
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
you gotta love grrls with good cars and know what they are talkin about..I wish there was more of them especially in philly...

------------------
2001 Spectra Blue
RMM Intake
H&R Springs
5 Zigen Exhaust
(waitin for a good 10-13 psi turbo or charger)

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
hey there's exceptions to every rule =) i know there's some girls out there who really know their sh|t but in general most dont =( a sad fact......if girls were into cars....the fun i would have....that all of us would have...hehe

·
Registered
571 Posts
ahh, I'd be lying if I said that I don't care what other people think, because as we all know, one way or the other, it's all an image thing.........

however, those dumbasses are the exact people whose opinions I do not value. If they're into cars, they would know better, but if not, it's pointless. It's like showing off your new pair of 1200 Watt 12'' subs to a friend who doesn't even know what subs do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
After seeing the car the girl said its really cool it looks like an Echo (ouch)!! I just laughed and said yeah it probably drives like on too. But this hurt an ECHO, that may be the worst comparison yet.
haha.. i think it looks closer to a corrola than an echo.. although corrola is sad enough..

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Ha I;ve got the best comparisson

Whilst cruizing at night to a nite life area in Melbourne some guys in the next car rolled down the windows... I rolled mine down and this is what they said.. "Yo mate! Is that the new Evo seven?!"

I wish....

·
Registered
37 Posts
many times it makes me wonder where these ppl come from.. there was like adds and news everywhere when is300 came out.. where have these ppl been?? sigh..

·
11,061 Posts
I wish I had time to do this one justice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
HEY I'M A GIRL!!! I'm not exactly an "automobile aficionado" but i do know a little about cars. Also, I'm truly hurt that of all cars to be compared to as Honda civics, accords, maybe corolla, but hellooooooooooooo an ECHO????? That's just insulting.

Shara

1 - 20 of 21 Posts