Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
havent the stock is300 diff been proven to handle 1000hp. i know vitsbits did 1100 on stock diff but i think it finally gave out. Mo did over 1k hp on stock is300 diff and axles. you just need to install os giken diff in there and youll be set
Yeah, we kind of high jacked the thread for the gearing options. :lol:

Stock can definitely handle some serious power. Just limited on gearing.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, we kind of high jacked the thread for the gearing options. :lol:

Stock can definitely handle some serious power. Just limited on gearing.
happens everytime lmao. but at the end of the day i def want to look into this swap more. I heard the thunderbird 8.8 housing has been used in many platforms (s2000,miata etc)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
https://www.grannasracing.com/collections/differentials-rear-ends/products/ford-8-8-rear-end-swap-kit-for-lexus-is300

Bringing back old thread

Second company I found that makes an 8.8 swap and then some, which is a new build for the site. I check it periodically.

Here is the info from the site:
The Grannas Racing 8.8 Kit Includes:

Low Profile Cast aluminum rear diff cover
Fabricated rear cage mount
Fabricated front crossmember mount
All hardware required for installation
Customer will need to find a cobra / thunderbird / mark 8 diff at local junkyard, usually these go for $150-250. I can also build a diff to suit your needs.
Axles and driveshafts are normally a 2-4 week wait time. Aluminum or Carbon Fiber driveshafts can be made for any transmission combination. Just let me know what chassis and what transmission combo you are running in the order notes!

You can have a local shop mustang/domestic shop build your junkyard 8.8, or you can have me build you one to your specs. In the dropdown options, you can select a GR built rear which includes a Truetrac LSD, and gear ratio of your choice, and all new bearings and seals, it also includes me sourcing the differential case. For ring and pinion, in V160 cars I recommend a 3.25 gear, for the T56 Magnum / GR series transmissions I recommend 4.10 to 4.30 gearing. Please note there is a 3-4 week build time on the 8.8 rear ends.

Check out the pictures to see the stacking order for the front mount hardware.

VIDEO COMING SOON

21 - 23 of 23 Posts