Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anybody with an '03 who has done the full power drl mod? I am having probliems finding the "Do not touch" box that is supposed to be by the air box according to Joe Z's thread.
Please post pics if you have any.
Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
look for a black box with a yellow warning sign on it. Its located on the strut tower, above the AIr Filter box. There is a black shield-like thing around a silver box with a wire comming out if it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tylerbstanley - thnx, i thought that was it, but then i saw another box below that said "drl relay" and thought that may be it.
but anyways, i replaced the drl bulbs and now the drls do not turn on but the high beams do. anyone know why this is happening?

·
Registered
68 Posts
if your high beams are turning on but your drls are not, then you forgot to insert a wire into the "female" connections on the plastic plug you disconnected. joe z posted a thread with pictures in it.... do a search... :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, should have been more clear. before i tried the full power drl mod, i replaced the stock bulbs with some new bulbs. after i replaced them, i turned on the car and the drl's would not turn on.then i put the factory bulbs back in, and the drl's still wouldn't work. anybody with any suggestions?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
4,114 Posts
Ditto!!!!

What gauge wire did you use on the female connector???
Also, sometimes to enable the DRL's you will have to release the E-Brake and put the car in drive...

Let us know.

Joe Z 8)

IS300_FIEND said:
Did you put the E-Brake down?

Just wondering, what gauge wire are you using?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
icic, was not aware the e-brake needed to be released for the drl's to be enabled!!! thanks fiend and joe z!

just did the full power drl mod and it was successful. (props to Joe Z!!!)can mos def tell a difference in brightness. right now i have sylvania silverstars in there, they are alright, got 'em for real cheap.
any other suggestions for the drl bulbs?
if i am gonna spend alot, i would like them to last a while, which is why i didn't get piaas.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
so how is this done?you just unplug the conector and put a 12 gauge wire through it?do i strip the ends of the 12 gauge?if one end goes in where does the other end go into?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, strip both ends of the wire, make a "u" with it and plug it directly into the female connector (not the connector attached to the black box).

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Joe, I can't edit my post on page 4 in your thread (the link above), so I can't update the link to this pic. Could you add this pic to your first post? If not, I can just make a new post at the end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts