Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how much fuel is left when the fuel warning light comes on? No real reason I just wanna know :D

I tried searching but is it just me or does the search engine do some weird stuff lately??

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
it's in the manual but I'm too lazy too look too :oops:

I can drive 30 miles easily before I need to fill up. Once I even went 50, but that was pushing it and it stumbled in a turn as the gas sloshed around.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I have gone around 40 miles once and it got to the point where I started to get damn nervous and couldn't go anymore. I refused to be the idiot on the side of the road!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yes about 2 gallons left once the light comes on. So to be on the safe side give yourself about 30 miles max.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Just to add another opinion and make it unanimous, yes, 2 gallons. =)

·
Registered
34 Posts
lol i've hit 50 miles when the light started showing... freeway driving though w/ no a/c and very mild acceleration with a top speed of 65mph...and to echo Eeks 300, i got damn nervous as well.

i'm pretty sure i could have pushed some it a couple more miles..the needle wasn't at rock bottom yet. :wink:

·
Registered
476 Posts
We have a 19.5 gallon tank don't we???

I think I can usually get about 16 gallons in it when the light comes on...So that leaves about 3.5 gallons in the tank.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys...

Anyone remember the Seinfeld where Kramer was seeing how far he could go in the car with the fuel light on? :lol:

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Eeks 300 said:
Thanks guys...

Anyone remember the Seinfeld where Kramer was seeing how far he could go in the car with the fuel light on? :lol:
Yup that was a funny episode :lol: I've gone about 50 miles after the light comes on.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Lebron_James said:
I dones gone 60 miles on redlight.
the light is orange. go away. :lol:

i ran out once and was that fool on the side of the highway. about a week after i got my car. thats really embarassing....

·
8,849 Posts
17.5 Gallons is the tank capacity.
I would estimate 1.8 Gallons.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
it probably varies from car to car, but on my car it seems more like 2.5 gallons or so. Often I dont' fill up until right around when the light is coming on. I've had the light come on, driven for about 15-20 miles and I put less than 15.5 gallons in. Only once have I ever put more than 16 gallons in.

·
Registered
812 Posts
When I filled up my '01 it usually auto stopped at 15.5 and I toped it off by putting the .5 in..

Yesterday, my first fill up in my '04 and it auto shutoff at 16. I was like :eek: and I really didn’t do that much extra driving. Of course I topped it off to 16.5 gal.

I love pumping my own gas in NJ :)

XCstud said:
it probably varies from car to car, but on my car it seems more like 2.5 gallons or so. Often I dont' fill up until right around when the light is coming on. I've had the light come on, driven for about 15-20 miles and I put less than 15.5 gallons in. Only once have I ever put more than 16 gallons in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts