Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rear ended last night in Precious... my 2002 Wagon I purchased to build. My shop is almost done and I got plowed on the freeway last night. I’m pissed. The car won’t start after the wreck, but has only rear end damage. I was hit hard, the car that hit me flipped, however no air bags deployed and the state patrol thought it was just a fuel pump inertia shut off switch that could be reset... I looked it up there is a similar switch below the instrument panel but I cannot physically find it on my car, says it’s basically under the dash on the tranny hump. Anyone have any experience with similar issues after a collision? Or know how to access and reset the switch? Car turned over and started after the wreck but died immediately. I used AAA Precious is at home now in front of the garage. Help! I did search for existing threads on the forum but found nothing.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I was rear ended last night in Precious... my 2002 Wagon I purchased to build. My shop is almost done and I got plowed on the freeway last night. I’m pissed. The car won’t start after the wreck, but has only rear end damage. I was hit hard, the car that hit me flipped, however no air bags deployed and the state patrol thought it was just a fuel pump inertia shut off switch that could be reset... I looked it up there is a similar switch below the instrument panel but I cannot physically find it on my car, says it’s basically under the dash on the tranny hump. Anyone have any experience with similar issues after a collision? Or know how to access and reset the switch? Car turned over and started after the wreck but died immediately. I used AAA Precious is at home now in front of the garage. Help! I did search for existing threads on the forum but found nothing.
I do not recall the IS300 platform having one. I would check your fuses and relay. Also you could try a power reset. (disconnect the battery)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cry:
I do not recall the IS300 platform having one. I would check your fuses and relay. Also you could try a power reset. (disconnect the battery)
Thanks, I popped the hood and found the air cleaner box is disconnected and my battery is already dead from hazards and the dome light being on while on the side of the road. I would dig into it but I’m putting everything on hold while insurance takes a look, I can but should not have to fix this myself... I’ll post updates when I start actually working on it. I couldn’t find anything anywhere on an inertia switch for the fuel pump so I suspect you are correct and there is not one.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I’ve looked at the ecu wiring schematics a million times. Pretty sure there is nothing like that on the IS. The fuel pump won’t prime til the engine is cranking, I believe it’s the Circuit Opening Relay that controls it. There’s also the relay/resistor that cuts the voltage to the fuel pump below a certain throttle position. If the engine is off then so is the fuel pump, so get that battery charged, check all the fuses/links/relays then try to start it up.

Hopefully it’s just the dead battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts