Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I make my is300 turbo and have a problem with the fuel pressure I make the return line and put a fuel regulator, I put the switch in on and set the psi at 50psi when the engine start has a lot of black smoke but the fuel pressure dont goes down, that its ok.....?
That’s a very good question!
What is happening here is the fuel injection system not really reacting right with what you’re doing.
when you start a cold engine all the sensors are going to tell your motor to run rich until it warms up, this is where another paradox realize with Miss information about letting your car warm up before you takeoff.. that’s not true because that will end up hurting your car if you’re actually trying to save your car, or prolong its life.

basically what’s happening is when you turn over your motor your fuel pressure is the same and also may be running a lot more rich than it should before it warms up.. that’s probably why are you see some weird smoke when you first start it up until it starts to warm itself up.

The best thing at this point you can do is start your car knock that ice off your windshield and get going!

if anybody would like to know the process of what happens if you do have your car warm up I can give three very good analogies. but I would like to keep this short and I believe from the information I’m being fed this is what’s happening, which is OK but it does hurt your car to run it rich it should be driven pretty much immediately so it can warm up faster than idling.. in the olden days.. I don’t know about that because I’m a millennial and I look at results I look at science and I look at how the market is bringing more efficiency to the common well know combustible motor..

·
Registered
560 Posts
That’s a very good question!
What is happening here is the fuel injection system not really reacting right with what you’re doing.
when you start a cold engine all the sensors are going to tell your motor to run rich until it warms up, this is where another paradox realize with Miss information about letting your car warm up before you takeoff.. that’s not true because that will end up hurting your car if you’re actually trying to save your car, or prolong its life.

basically what’s happening is when you turn over your motor your fuel pressure is the same and also may be running a lot more rich than it should before it warms up.. that’s probably why are you see some weird smoke when you first start it up until it starts to warm itself up.

The best thing at this point you can do is start your car knock that ice off your windshield and get going!

if anybody would like to know the process of what happens if you do have your car warm up I can give three very good analogies. but I would like to keep this short and I believe from the information I’m being fed this is what’s happening, which is OK but it does hurt your car to run it rich it should be driven pretty much immediately so it can warm up faster than idling.. in the olden days.. I don’t know about that because I’m a millennial and I look at results I look at science and I look at how the market is bringing more efficiency to the common well know combustible motor..
All due respect, that cold start debate has nothing to do with what’s causing the OP’s base fuel pressure to run @ 50psi. There’s likely a problem with the aftermarket fpr that’s causing the high base pressure. He’s pretty much shown us his fuel feed and fuel return plumbing and it all looks pretty good, so it’s got to be that cheapo brand fpr - ditch it and get an Aeromotive or AEM fpr and I bet the problem goes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't help notice, but it really looks like the feed line (after joined by the Y fitting) are going straight to the bottom of the regulator.. Same color line.. That should be going straight to the rail, then the rail to the side of the regulator, and the return line going down out the bottom of the regulator to the tank. Is that the definite setup here?

I think the op has the regulator in the feed line and return line coming straight off the rail to the tank.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I can't help notice, but it really looks like the feed line (after joined by the Y fitting) are going straight to the bottom of the regulator.. Same color line.. That should be going straight to the rail, then the rail to the side of the regulator, and the return line going down out the bottom of the regulator to the tank. Is that the definite setup here?

I think the op has the regulator in the feed line and return line coming straight off the rail to the tank.
I wondered that myself. I never could get an overall pic or description of the line plumbing from the OP. I have no idea if mis-plumbing would cause high pressure but it’s a possibility. I think there is a bit of a language barrier here. We may never know!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts