Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I make my is300 turbo and have a problem with the fuel pressure I make the return line and put a fuel regulator, I put the switch in on and set the psi at 50psi when the engine start has a lot of black smoke but the fuel pressure dont goes down, that its ok.....?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did the turbo upgrade and did a return line for fuel, but the pressure stays at 50 psi

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you put an adjustable regulator on the return line? Also did you bypass the OE on at the pump?

Sorry for the stupid questions. Just need more details.
Yes I install a adjustable fuel regulator with new fuel lines and use the oem feed line for return

·
Registered
567 Posts
Set your base pressure to 43psi at idle - do this with the vacuum line off the regulator. 50psi base is too high. You want it to rise 1:1 with boost...so at 10psi boost = 50 psi fuel pressure, or pretty close.

what did you use for injector control? A RR FPR is not enough fuel management.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because I am using two fuel pumps, one start with ignition signal and the other with boost control, the regulator has the other line pass over the brake booster

·
Registered
567 Posts
Clean job using the stock fuel hanger for twin fuel pumps!
So walk us through the way the entire fuel system is plumbed. Post some more pics. I see the dual fuel pumps to the Y. Then that should go to the fuel feed fitting on the rail. Is that how you have it?

Get a pic of the FPR but from further back. I can’t tell where the fuel port is going on the right side of the FPR. This should be connected to the fuel rail - return fitting. Then the fitting on the bottom of the FPR should be your return line back to the fuel tank (using the factory fuel feed fitting on the sending unit in your case).

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok so the front fitting (the one you drilled/tapped) is going to the right side port of the FPR that you pictured earlier?
If so, I would say you have it plumbed correctly. And you’re adjusting the FPR by loosening the nut on top and using an Allen wrench to adjust the stud in the top of the FPR?

How do you have the return line plumbed inside the fuel sender? Do you have the Jet valve ( Venturi siphon) installed?

Somethings occluding your return line and causing the high pressure. Could the FPR be bad? Are you certain the gauge is correct? What ecu do you have?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts