Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order some lines for my fuel setup but mine is a bit complicated. I have a fuel pump hanger that can only support -6AN fittings and a fuel rail that is -10AN. I decided to use a -10AN to -8AN adapter for the fuel rail because I would have an issue running a -10AN fitting on the firewall side of the rail.

So my question is would it be a problem running -6AN lines from the hanger, length wise it would just be enough to get to the undercarriage. Use a Y adapter, dual -6AN to a single -10AN. Run the -10AN lines all the way to the chassis frame in the engine bay and split the -10AN to a -8AN.

Do you guys see any issues?

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rail does come with a center -6AN return, so the return side will be -6AN all the way back. I wanted to run the larger lines for the extra volume.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
My setup untill I can get a srt fuel pump hanger is

Walbro -> -6 line -> back of fuel rail -> fuel rail -> -6 line to -> fpr -> -6 line return to tank.

When I get the srt fuel pump hanger it will be dual feed from each pump to each side of the rail with a return line to the fpr and from the fpr to the tank.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
i understand, jut thinking that they y will cause an unnecessary flow restriction.

the other downfall you might have is that the -10 is 1/3 larger in cross sectional area than 2 -6's the -10 won't even be utilized as a line.

2x -6 = 0.22089 in^2
1x -10 = 0.306796 in^2

the single -10 is great for flow but can you feed it properly i guess is the question?

obviously following simple fluids, flow is going to remain constant so the velocity inside the line will decrease. This really isn't that big of a deal but something to think about - flow is flow, in the end. i don't see a problem, i guess i woudl jsut do it a differnet way, that's all. my only thinking is that 2 fuel pumps with a max outlet of 3/8" (or -6) going to a single -10 seems unnecessary, i build to my needs with most things (which is a pain when you upgrade).

again, there's no issue with what you want to do other than it will take longer to prime the fuel system, but if you don't care, not a problem (difference will be a second or 2 at best)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I welded -6 bulkhead at both sides of the fuel rail.
I am running individual fuel pumps to each side of the fuel rail on -6 line and the -6 return by way of the fpr. this has been a great setup and I am not putting a strain on the pumps and I have contstant flow to all injectors.

Just something to think about

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am about to order some lines for my fuel setup but mine is a bit complicated. I have a fuel pump hanger that can only support -6AN fittings and a fuel rail that is -10AN. I decided to use a -10AN to -8AN adapter for the fuel rail because I would have an issue running a -10AN fitting on the firewall side of the rail.

So my question is would it be a problem running -6AN lines from the hanger, length wise it would just be enough to get to the undercarriage. Use a Y adapter, dual -6AN to a single -10AN. Run the -10AN lines all the way to the chassis frame in the engine bay and split the -10AN to a -8AN.

Do you guys see any issues?

Just out of curiosity why didn't you just buy a -10AN to -6AN adapter for both sides of the rail?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just bought the srt dual pump hanger... I measured the diameter of the fittings and it's 5/16... is that -6an? Also, how well will that hold up in terms of power... I'm going for 550whp on pump and I was wondering if I needed a bigger fitting or hose...

or if I run dual -10 an lines to the fuel rail off of the -6an hanger fitting will I be fine?
I'm probably going to be making a custom fuel rail or getting my current one redone.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
USMCSS300;6136164 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************6136164******end_of_the_skype_highlighting said:
I just bought the srt dual pump hanger... I measured the diameter of the fittings and it's 5/16... is that -6an? Also, how well will that hold up in terms of power... I'm going for 550whp on pump and I was wondering if I needed a bigger fitting or hose...

or if I run dual -10 an lines to the fuel rail off of the -6an hanger fitting will I be fine?
I'm probably going to be making a custom fuel rail or getting my current one redone.
Just run two -6 lines from the pump to the rail. -10 is pretty big esp for only 550 whp.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you have the capabilities of flowing higher volume of fuel, I don't see any reason not to.

If I had a -6AN rail, this wouldn't be a question but since I do have a -10AN rail, I just wanted to see if there's any con of doing the setup I listed. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with running dual -6AN all the way to the fuel rail.

When I purchased my intake manifold it came with the -10AN rail, I could just sell it and buy a different size but knowing the economic nowadays it will either sit for awhile or I would end up loosing money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.