Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can you guys explain to me how the is300s fuel injectors are? If they are top feed or side feed? What cc are they? And if I can interchange them with a set of 2jzgte 550cc injectors, or will I need to get any extra parts?

Tried to search but with no luck.

Thanks! 8)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i think what he wants is info on injector specs for our stock car.

are you plannin on boost G?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am building a s/c kit for my car. Got the blower, intercooler, piping and all the brackets made. Just want to find out if i can use the supra injectors. And if not I will like to know the spec on our injectors. :D

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
CZAR said:
I am building a s/c kit for my car. Got the blower, intercooler, piping and all the brackets made. Just want to find out if i can use the supra injectors. And if not I will like to know the spec on our injectors. :D
Are you going standalone or trying to use the stock ECU, or at least trying a piggyback?

Are the supra 550s saturated or peak&hold type? The engine management you plan to use and the type of injector definitely will affect your answer...

-C

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
doublins said:
CZAR said:
Are you going standalone or trying to use the stock ECU, or at least trying a piggyback?

Are the supra 550s saturated or peak&hold type? The engine management you plan to use and the type of injector definitely will affect your answer...

-C
Using a safc for now.Might switch to the emanage later thou. I just did not want to add a 7th injector to the intake since I am also running nitrous.

But the main question is if the supra injectors are plug and play? They will be the perfect size for my setup. I already got the fuel pump but might add an external one once everything is bolted up. Also wondering if I should use a fuel return line?

Any help will be great!

·
Registered
37 Posts
czar,
i would reccomend running additional injectors rather than 550's, the stock ecu does NOT like bigger injectors, and w/ addtional injectors your car will drive and run like stock till you hit boost...the MAP will be perfect to that point at least. Also supra injectors will not work.
You need to change the fuel rail and buy or make injector adapter for the manifold.

c mac

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
don't fit.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
There are the disadvantages of the 7th injector too. It tends to run lean on some of the cylinders. Just something that you need to understand. If you want to run higher boost in the future, the system will have its limitations.

·
Registered
69 Posts
CZAR said:
Hey can you guys explain to me how the is300s fuel injectors are? If they are top feed or side feed? What cc are they? And if I can interchange them with a set of 2jzgte 550cc injectors, or will I need to get any extra parts?

Thanks! 8)
They are top feed.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
top feed high impedance i think.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wxman said:
There are the disadvantages of the 7th injector too. It tends to run lean on some of the cylinders. Just something that you need to understand. If you want to run higher boost in the future, the system will have its limitations.
I will run 10psi max but also running 75-100 shot of nitrous wet. The nitrous is running on a window switch from 3k-6k rpms. I sold my safc-II and going to buy the emanage. If this sound ok or if you have anything else to add let me know.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
is300 injectors are top feed, high impedance

supra injectors are side feed, low impedance

the supra injector placement won't fit the IS300.

if you want 550's, why not spend the $450 bucks and buy them? they'll slip into the stock rail and be done. you'll need the supporting fuel system, but you should know that ...

-gte

CZAR said:

Thanks! 8)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts