Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys!. My boost experience is getting more interesting every day:pissed: Latest problem: I had some boost leaks fixed that were coming from the fuel injector seals. I gave my new shop my rc SLG 440 injectors to compare to the ones that were in the car(the original shop said they could'nt fit the rc's in properly and supposedly replaced them with injectors from a turbo east kit?? Anyway, here are the injectors they pulled:

Notice how these injectors were missing the middle grommet seal?
Can anyone identify these injectors in some way??

To my surprise, they were able to install the RC injectors i provided them and everything seemed fine all day saturday. This morning i decided to clean the MAF sensor and reset the ECU. However, when i started the car, it felt like it was choking from a lack of fuel. Idle was bad, AFR on the wideband at idle was around 17-18. When driving around at low speeds, afr didn't get much better and the car would stall at stops.
If the emanage was tuned for something different other than the rc 440's that were put in, would this cause the fuel problems? If the injectors are the cause, would they not have worked properly from the time they were installed. Im afraid to drive the car anywhere with those AFR's and may have to get it towed to the shop ASAP!! any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
do you have a fuel pressure reg? whats the pressure at idle?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
If the emanage was tuned for something different other than the rc 440's that were put in, would this cause the fuel problems?
Most definitely. What size injectors were in there prior?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have a fuel pressure reg? whats the pressure at idle?
Fuel pressure gauge reading 49-50 psi at idle. peak was 56. i have the walboro 255 fuel pump. AFR seemed to be getting a little better(16 at idle) when i started it up 10 min. ago. cel and flashing trac came on(getting used to that:pissed: )

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most definitely. What size injectors were in there prior?
I really dont know. The assholes that put them in said they were from a turbo east kit that they had in their shop, but i dont think that was true. can any info be drawn from the pics of the injectors?? It seems that they were obviously not 440cc injectors because thats what i just had installed and now im having problems..

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Fuel pressure gauge reading 49-50 psi at idle. peak was 56. i have the walboro 255 fuel pump. AFR seemed to be getting a little better(16 at idle) when i started it up 10 min. ago. cel and flashing trac came on(getting used to that:pissed: )
thats pretty high for the pressure....try turning it down to 40 and it should improve the idle

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats pretty high for the pressure....try turning it down to 40 and it should improve the idle
The pressue has always been around 50ish since i had the turbo installed. How do i turn down the pressure myself(im not too versed in troubleshooting auto related problems)

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
should be able to adjust it on the FPR...mine reads between 40-45 on idle, which is about 750/800 rpms

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
This is terrible advice tsop and is just taking stabs blindly.

He's already running lean at idle. Turning down the base FP will just exacerbate the issue.

Mike - You flat out just need a re-tune. It really doesn't matter what the prior injectors are. You need to make what you have now work. It is possible that the prior set was also 440s of a different make that had less injector lag time.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was thinking that myself about the fuel pressure after doing some research

I bet your right. now i have to find a new tuner because i refuse to bring it to the r-tards that have caused all my issues.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
sorry, my idle is around 14.0 afr with the 40-45psi of FP...thats not too shabby....

the fact that he doesnt know the location of the FPR means he definitely shouldnt be doing this himself anyways..

good luck on finding someone to tune your emu so you can enjoy the car safely...

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
sorry, my idle is around 14.0 afr with the 40-45psi of FP...thats not too shabby....
And my idle is at 14.7 with a base FP of 35psi.

Base pressure does not directly correlate to AFR...it's all in the tune.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would it even be safe to drive this to a shop within a certain distance or just have it towed so i don't risk making things worse?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
That depends. Do NOT mess with your FPR. Stay out of boost and drive it to the tuner. As long as you don't flog the engine with gas, or if the car doesn't lean out +15.5:1 on the wideband

1 - 15 of 15 Posts