Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an is300 with 111k miles on it a couple weeks ago, and the fuel gauge is stuck at 3/4. It moves down to E when you shut the car off, but goes right back to 3/4 after you turn it on, even when topping a full tank.

I just replaced both fuel sending units - the one on the fuel pump hangar, and the secondary one on the other side of the gas tank. I was really hoping that was it, I turned the key and luckily the car started up, but still it’s stuck on 3/4..

Anything else that needs to be looked at? Maybe a fuse, the actual gauge on the cluster, or some wire along the way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah I'm wondering if the gauge itself is broken. You might be able to get another cluster for cheap and swap that part around.
might give that a shot.. im hoping that’s it because i really don’t feel like digging thru panels to pull wires lol.

but if it was the fuel sending units, would there be any other steps after replacing such as disconnecting the battery or something? or is it just a swap and done kinda thing

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would guess that the stepper motor for the gauge has taken a dive on you. I would assume you could replace the motor, you'd just have to find a place that sells em.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts