Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001, so do i still need the fuel conditioner to prevent the ecu from relearning?

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Yes you will.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
4NTOY said:
What is this, a 'fuel conditioner' ?

I think what he means is a "black box" created by turbo east to prevent the ECU from relearning. The ECU is reset every time you remove your key.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Even if the 01s do not learn, the fuel conditioner from what I know still does other things, simming and what not neaded so that the car does not throw any codes from boosting (loosing working 02s, changing injectors ect.)

B.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so is the fuel conditioner a sort of plug and play type of tool or does it need to be configured?

I spoke with jeff and he said it would be a good to have because it would help while tuning the car. any idea why?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think around 400

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
just buy the SplitSecond ESC1 - I have been using it with stellar results. I have wideband resuts to prove it as well.
so the split second esc1 works right?well apparently if your using it then it does but why do ppl keep saying doesn't work and to get the te fuel conditioner instead :wtf:

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
But with the vast difference between 01 and the 02+ ECU, I'd put a friendly $20 on it that that is the reason it works for some, and not for others, its the year model of car.

B.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
So what does the install of the fuel conditioner entail? And what is the price difference between the Split Second unit and the TE one?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
BlackSportD said:
But with the vast difference between 01 and the 02+ ECU, I'd put a friendly $20 on it that that is the reason it works for some, and not for others, its the year model of car.

B.

can anybody clarify this?please

1 - 15 of 15 Posts