Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone recommends you buy a product like this:
http://www-mtl.look.ca/~tonyg29/

they probably have a vested interest. Every part of the description of how this device works is a lie.

Lie: "The revolutionary FuelMax ® helps fuel burn better using scientifically
designed super conductors."

Truth: This device uses magnets. Magnets are not superconductors. Superconductors are materials that conduct electricity with little or no loss. Magnets don't conduct electricity.

Lie: "Just snap this amazing Fuel saving ice over your fuel supply line and it immediately begins breaking the hydrocarbon chains in your fuel into smaller pieces, letting it burn cleaner and more completely."

Truth: Magnets have no effect (especially on a molecular level) on hydrocarbon molecules.

Lie: "Plus it extends
engine life and dramatically reduces pollution by burning off your engine's
built-up carbon and varnish deposits."

Truth: This device does nothing and relies on the placebo effect to trick you into believing it works.

Lie: "Powered by Neodymium Super Conductors with a force of 7,500 GAUSS"

Truth: Gauss is not a measure of force. Gauss is a measure of magnetic field strength.

Obviously if this device were based in scientific reality the marketing for it wouldn't be riddled with errors (lies).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never pay any attention to a magic device that makes seemingly unbelievable claims.

Steve Garvey
B.S. Aerospace Engineering

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Neodymium iron boron magnets ARE quite strong, especially in proportion to their weight.
but what this has to do with fuel burning is beyond me!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
good post rubley!!!! I am learning what not to use and put on my car now from a lot of your posts and GTE's posts.
Everybody, listen to rubley and the rest of the veteran members....don't buy anything that says "revolutionary"or "millions sold" or "as seen on tv" or "monkey back gaurantee?"or "Buy now" or "act now." It is worthless and they most likely will make a huge profit off of uninformed consumers.
so...sad.

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: broadwayboyz ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts