Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I'm selling my Toyomoto Supercharger kit.
Quick rundown:
Kit includes all parts from http://toyomoto.com/is300SuperchargerKit.htm
Apexi SAFC II (black model)
I'm also including nearly new iridium spark plugs and an extra serpentine belt.

What you'll need:
Rotrex supercharger oil - about $115
Dyno tuning

Asking price: $4700 + shipping

Buyer will also have the option to purchase Toyomoto Headers and Y-pipe at a very discounted price.
Also, if requested, I will provide all necessary wiring instructions and even installation pictures, along with email (and phone) support while you install. (Western WA buyers may even get me in person ^_^)
This kit is pretty straightforward to install - I did it myself and this was the first serious work I'd ever done on a car.

Why am I selling? I'm thinking of doing something different - possibly turbo down the road, or engine swap. Haven't decided.

But, I do know that this kit is a hell of a lotta fun and I've never had a serious problem with it. So let me know if you're interested and I'll start putting up pics and answering questions!

(You know you want it!)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm unsure of miles. I think I've put on less than 3k. This kit was originally from xencloud, who probably put a few more on. If I had to ballpark it, I'd still put it under 10k total.

I don't have the sheet in front of me right now, but I believe I was in the range of 265rwhp, 240rwtq. This was before I replaced my spark plugs with a smaller gap, so I was reaching the limit of what my old plugs could handle.

With a correct gap, I could easily imagine another 15-30 rwhp.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not planning on parting, what parts would you want anyway?

And yes, people have made 300hp with this kit. Like I said, I didn't but I wasn't gapped correctly and I still think I was running rich. 265 was still a lot of fun.

·
Registered
140 Posts
how much withou safc2 and with trading in of the stock parts you needed?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I can vouch for trumpetplayers credibility, he was an excellent buyer, and was great to do business with. I had lots of fun with this kit also!

I'm turbo now, but I still look back and loved the power delivery of the S/C :>) I loved the constant pull!

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I can't believe how much Toyomoto is charging brand new for this kit, wow.

I thought these kits didn't need dyno tuning to run?

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
mrmonster said:
I can't believe how much Toyomoto is charging brand new for this kit, wow.

I thought these kits didn't need dyno tuning to run?
Cause its worth it do a search and try to find people who have had problems with a toyomoto S/C kit you wont find any its a damn good kit

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sil-300, you got a PM.

Thanks xencloud! How's the turbo treating you?

mrmonster, starting to look like a good deal huh *wink wink*. I suppose you could get away without the dyno tune, but I'd really recommend it. All cars and regions are different, so you'd want to be sure you're getting the most out of it.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
of course you don't HAVE to tune it, but you're sitting on 25-35 whp if you do, so it's worth it. No kit tunes itself to your car right out of the box. Turbo it treating me fine, but I have a to-do list a mile long right now........

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Considering taking out a loan.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would be awesome!
Take a little time to think about it though - I won't be taking it off my car for another week or two.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
trumpetplayer said:
That would be awesome!
Take a little time to think about it though - I won't be taking it off my car for another week or two.
Sorry to raise your hopes with that one. I dont think I am ready for that, I am just 19. But it is an awesome deal.
If I had the money, I would hop on it.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
How loud is Toyomoto S/C with modified exhaust system? I heard it sounds like stock for daily driving but just curious, or I could be wrong :)

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
SLayerS said:
How loud is Toyomoto S/C with modified exhaust system? I heard it sounds like stock for daily driving but just curious, or I could be wrong :)

its not too loud at all. Daily drivable kit FOR SURE...

this is the best SC kit you can get hands down...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There's a slight whine from the charger, but not bad. I kinda like it. Even with the Toyomoto headers it's pretty quiet except at WOT, at which point it just sounds bad-ass!
I've been daily driving it since I put the kit on and truly have had no complaints about the kit.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts