Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with bittersweet emotions I finally traded in the ole faithful MSM IS300. Had to do it... approaching 100K and extended warranty expiration.

As a result, the accepting dealership will be wholesaling the car (tear falls)... which means the L-Sportline front/sides, Carson-style rear, headrest monitors, etc. are going without compensation!!!

Good news is they will let me swap the SRT intake, and GReddy exhaust, and take the LexPro strut bars.

For Sale:

SRT Intake w/ ECU override - $250 (silver pipe has some normal wear scratches - 2nd owner)

LexPro strut bars - $200 set or $125 (aluminum billet)

GReddy EVO II stainless steel cat-back exhaust - $300 + your stock -- Sorry... don't have the original exhaust to pull myself, so you must pull and install yourself in Escondido, where the car now resides.

Godspeed Fellow ISers!!

This site kicks ass, and I will always remember my baby Lex and how I abused the hell out of it.

PS: Not to be a mad dissident, but the lack of a 5-speed IS350 made me go to the Beemer 335i. If Lexus only knew how many loyalists they are losing over this!

Pics (also location of traded IS300) -
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
damn, bump for good prices and a nice bimmer

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phannay's inline for the SRT... anybody wanna meet me in Escondido to swap the exhaust? Change of plans have me going to Escondido tonight to swap the intake and strut bars.

Wayne

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SRT and Strut Bars SOLD!

The intake and strut bars are sold, pending final transaction:

Phannay - intake
Mikedtrd - strut bars

If the deals fall through, the PM'd line will be next.

Thanks for shopping my goods.

BTW, any local SD users want to meet me in Escondido to swap the GReddy EVO2 exhaust? Got until the end of the week, then the car is going to the wholesale auction.

WayneBo

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
good move to the 335, you'll be thrilled with the driving tool that is the 335. Lexus could only imagine a lexus that can handle like a BMW with proper feedback.

I'll go on record to say that I'll bet the IS-F will have diluted steering response and a suspension that follows suit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like with the GReddy exhaust, I can't just pull the part from the car, since I traded it in. BUT... if you want to meet me in Escondidot and swap + cash, then I let's talk. Interior is black leather w/ grey piping trim. Monitors are 7" Panasonic units w/ remotes.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Hey just curious, so you traded in the car with the sportline bumpers and all? I'm local and I would have been willing to buy that off of you and give you my stock bumper :(

Tell me you haven't already traded it in :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know... it makes me cry not to parse it out to my fellow ISers in need. I even had a bad-ass rear deck-lid spoiler (IMO should have been standard on that car!).

It was one of those unexpected deals... didn't think I'd find a used '07 335i 6MT coupe so fast. Planned to sell off all my mods slowly, then shop around. But when the right oppty presented itself, well... you can understand.

Besides... the removal of the kit/spoiler would have left paint variation marks and screw holes that the trade-in dealer would not have gone for.

Sorry dude.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Shit!!! another one lost to bmw??? Good call though...Lexus just doesnt understand the demand for the manual trans?????? just shake my head.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The SRT Intake is SOLD!! Thanks Andy, and good luck dude! The CF grill has a new life on your GGP sled. Very nice, and good to know that at least a few parts are being well appreciated.

Props to Andy for driving all the way down to Escondido for the deal!!! Good ISer and trustworthy to deal with.

WayneBo

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As Phannay says... the Lex is gone. Sorry i couldn't have parted it out beforehand.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
wow, what a blower

1 - 20 of 24 Posts