Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New design to stop some of the issues with cracking.. No longer has the large plp logo on it, it now has a very small one....

NEW IN BOX
80 shipped

No low ballers on a new item please

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
here's some pics of it

No more weak welds. ^^^ Its basically one piece and reinforced with longer, stronger welds.[/url]

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bizump!

David

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
edgy said:
Here's a bump for ya david...

Hell i should possibly try this.. OR just freaking give up on these guys altogether... :roll:

The BRAND NEW one i just got at the Carson meet last month is cracking ALREADY!!!!..... i don't know if this one for sale is exactly the same as the one i got from Carson Toyota at the meet, or is there have been MORE upgrades to make them worth the metal they are cut out of.....

AAAAND of course,... since it is modified for my header... i have NO recourse/support from PLP :x

My BRAND new one has cracked AGAIN in one spot so far, at the top right of the 1st pic...... the corner, where the side piece extends up & meets the part that sits against the head & right next to the big hole for the bolt, right in that corner it cracked a weld, & THAT is now allowing the whole thing to rattle & vibrate like crazy now :pissed:

SOOO if ya have a 1-3mo old new gen heatshield & thot the cracking issues were OVER.......................think again & CHECK yer shite bros...

:(
ur shiz is focked, i have sold a ton of these things and never once had a customer with issues. Even my GEN I never had a vibration problem nor the II See what you get for not buying from me. BAD LUCK!

David

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly bro, this heatshield deal sucks, but i would like to see pics of both, the mod u had to do, and what cracks.

David

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
well..... Derek B. has my "old" one... i just bought a new one at carson on special when Mike told me right before the carson meet that he would not warranty it if it had been modded for a header... like he showed us how to do..... :pissed: I was so annoyed i didn't even bother to talk to him there

I mean really bro... Customer Service is: taking care of your customers so they are happy & satisfied with your product & if not, doing anything within reason to make them happy again... One pissd off customer can DO MUCH more damage to hurt a company than 10 happy customers can do to help promote one... what would it have cost PLP to replace my original cracked shield....???? 20-40bux... in unearned revenue...?

whatever.... :crazy:

Regardless, i did not want to drive around too much with that header in there visible for all to see in all it's glory... so i got a new one carson had a great deal for the meet...... & I fixed the cracked one... I had it all welded up properly & the welds smoothed a bit so it looks fine, it is solid as a fhukin ROCK now & is on Dereks Race car i think.... :D cost me over half what i got selling it just to fix it .... at least i could help Derek out & it will NEVER FOGGIN CRACK AGAIN!! so he'll never have to sweat it....

I did not take pics of the cracked welds on the older one I SHUDDA!!... but i will try on this new one... i just slapped a little JB weld on there last night trying to "stick" it together a bit & avoid all the flexing..... felt pretty solid this am when i checked it...

...when i get a chance to tear it off again & head to the welder, i will take some nice clean pics & send them to ya... it cracked right at the front side corner at the end piece junction with the main panel .....hard to explain...

·
Registered
478 Posts
edgy said:
I mean really bro... Customer Service is: taking care of your customers so they are happy & satisfied with your product & if not, doing anything within reason to make them happy again... One pissd off customer can DO MUCH more damage to hurt a company than 10 happy customers can do to help promote one... what would it have cost PLP to replace my original cracked shield....???? 20-40bux... in unearned revenue...
i agree...but there are 3 sides to every story

david, if ur going to plp this weekend, bring it. i would like to check it out...huh huh...think they'll get mad???

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
prolly, but i can meet u before hand.

David

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Waiting on MO

UHOH

i am going to plp a few more times this week, if u want one lemme kno

David

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
repost for edgy:

It is very hard not to talk smack like you do but I will keep my mouth in check. First thing, attitude gets you a long way with me personally and being a very vocal person whenever your panties are bunched up. Before the Carson meet I asked you to come to our booth and meet with me so I can resolve your issues in person about your modifications to your heatshield and why your warranty was no longer valid, however you could not manage to find your balls to introduce yourself even though you sounded like you could not wait to meet me in your email. Instead you had someone at Carson purchase our display model (that was not for sale) it was a GII Heatshield and the G3 design was in production at that same time. All GII Heatshields have the large Pro Lex Performance silkscreen on the face, all G3 Shields have a small silkscreen and are 100% solid all weld are tig welded on all seams (not spot welded like the GII) like the one in the picture from Dego IS who's infact was replaced for free in a matter of days. There is a bit of irony in this story and I love it on a personal level, from a business stand point we will not honor any warranty on any product if it has been modified (pretty much industry standard) This is why I asked you to read our customer service page, I guess you did not nor did you bother to contact us about this either. If you feel the need to continue your trash talk please email or pm me, I will even buy you a plane ticket to come here and hang out this weekend at our grand opening!
Mike

·
Registered
114 Posts
LOL! can I bitch and get a free supercharger? :lol:
Anyway, I had a gen 1 heatshield, it cracked, buzzed, whatever stuff happens. As you can see Mike is trying his best to help everyone out.
Geez, everyone needs to relax :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
edgy said:
i just bought a new one at carson on special when Mike told me right before the carson meet that he would not warranty it if it had been modded for a header... like he showed us how to do..... :pissed: I was so annoyed i didn't even bother to talk to him there
I usually "try" to keep my mouth shut but this is just plain stupid (no offense). From a business point of view, why should PLP warrenty something u moddified? And PLP isnt the only one who wouldnt warrenty it, no compay in there right mind would. You also say Mike showed you how...Ive never meet Mike but by the sound of it hes a smart man since hes runnin a very sucsessful business, so im an sure he put up a warning to moddify at your own risk.

·
Registered
159 Posts
SHOCKING!!! :eek:

Once again all sorts of flames, crap talking, defenses, excuses, and whatever else is the " FOR SALE FORUM"

When are you people going to learn????

PS. Is this heatshield still available? G3? Please PM me if it is.

Thanks

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Instead you had someone at Carson purchase our display model
???? Really, I can't fathom what the heck you are talking about here....I went into the Carson parts store & bought a new one right over the counter, sealed in the box. & only cus the girl at your tent told me about the great price Steve had on them for the meet thank goodness...

:lol: ... you would not warranty a product that should cost you all of what? $15-$20 to manufacture but you would offer to drop $100-$200 to fly me up there to be at yer opening....??

:crazy:

czech yer PM..........

......& just so you know...nothing personal...just business, my 85-100+ bux are just as hard earned as the next guys.. I don't get my mod muny from Mom & Dad...I pull it outta my kids college fund o'course....... :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Just curious here, the mod you do to clear the header, I think you wrote somewhere how it doesn't accect that weld or is really near it? it's just a small semi-circle to clear a header pipe?

If so, is maybe the semi-circle not large enough, and the heatshiled gets hit by the header under acceleration, causeing vibration and possibly transferring it up to that weld making it crack?

Just wondering if that's a possiblity. Lemme know if I should shut it or not... :wink:

Kane

1 - 20 of 23 Posts