Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a brand new Meziere brand electric water pump. It replaces the belt driven unit as an idler and plugs into a 12volt power source and uses an electric motor to circulate the coolant.

I bought two of these a year ago from summitracing.com for $395 shipped, I installed one on my car(sold) and have had this one sitting around. I am willing to execpt offers, shipped anywhere in the U.S.A(sorry canada). This will fit on an IS300, SC300, GS300, and Supra 2jz's(GE or GTE).

It was easy to install, just like an OEM replacement execpt for the fact that you have to do the wiring. I wired it to a key-on 12 volt I found under the driverside headlight that was plugged off and not being used. It worked amazingly well during the time I had the car, it wasn't load, and never let the car get hot. as far as the power gain, it is hard to say I have seen meziere say anywere between 6-10 at the crank, and I didn't baseline and dyno, so I can't verify nor deny

Here is some info from meziere:
These Meziere electric water pumps are designed specifically for import cars. They deliver high flow, and the electric design means you don't have the horsepower loss at high rpm that's caused by a mechanical pump's impeller. They're available in a variety of configurations, from bolt-on styles to high-performance, heavy-duty models. They feature a CNC-machined impeller, epoxy-coated motor windings to protect against failure caused by harmonic vibration, and a weathertight connector that prevents premature failure due to corrosion. Their one-piece, carbon-ceramic seal offers a 10,000-hour life expectancy.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think he said that he bought two, but only installed one of them. The one he is selling is the unused one. Just wanted to help clarify.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you would like to look it up the company's website is: Meziere Enterprises, phone number is 760-746-3273. The Part number of the pump is WP520

and some additional info: 35 GPM
The Gasket is not included. I got and OEM one and used it for the install
there is a 2-wire, 10" whip that extends out of the pump, and another 18" 20amp fused whip with wheather resistant connector, warrenty card, and 2 stickers

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many gallons per minute does the stock one flow?
That's a good question. The OEM pump and the meziere unit have similar housing and impelor design, so at the same RPM they will flow the same. The difference between the two is the Meziere pump consistantly flows 35GMP at idle or 6000 RPM using none of the engines horse power to do so. At higher RPMs the OEM belt driven pump becomes inefficent, cavitating the coolant and bogging the engine down needlessly( because it's not doing it's job very well). The Electric water pump consistantly performs it's job at a constant pace without effecting the performance of the engine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taking offers on this, I have no need for it any more. I t is doing no one any good just sitting around.

let me know if you are interested or have any questions. I have installed and used one of these.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This item is sold

1 - 10 of 10 Posts