Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale a brand new Lexus Roof Rack with mountain bike accessory. The kit comes with everything you need to install, use and mount. Was only installed on my car for a week, never used. This is a rare rack, the quality is up to Lexus standards and comes with the Lexus name.

$450 for everything

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

DAYMN that thing looks cool.... how does it attach to he bike to hold it can you post anoother pic of the attachment that holds the bike...?? i would like to see if it will work on any bike ot only traditional tube framed bikes...... i have many bikes but only a few are tube frames i have several extruded type frames too... it would be nice if this rack would work on all of them.....

issat $450 US or CDN....??

Damn i WANT that!!!!!

interested in any trades....??

check your PM......

edG

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey Edgy, replied to your PM, its $450 US. And it works with any type of monutain bike I believe as Lexus told me. Basicly you strap in the front and rear tire and then that "chrome-like handle" goes up to and secures to the frame of the bike. Its a cool rack, I got comments on it when I had it on.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$450 US shipped

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
& what i would really like to see is a detailed pic of that clamp for the frame... My frames are all different & the extruded & carbon ones have a nuge crosssection & a clamp that would work on a normal frame ( ie; Tube framed) will NOT work on several of my current bikes.....

DAYUM.. .that is alot of scratch.... :cry:

& BTW what is the retail price on this rack..???? .OVER $450...??!!! jeeeezess :eek:

edG

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roof racks are not cheap, you can get a "cheap" roof rack but thats up to you, this rack is far from cheap. Its comes with the Lexus name and quality and is a rare find. Its an amazing rack and I swear you won't find a better system for you Lexus. $450 includes shipping, which isn't cheap for such a complex item.

I've attached some pictures of how the bike accessory works:

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Understood & thanx for the pics...

but really bro... who are ya kidding... you paid $200- $300 more for it JUST because it says "Lexus" on it no questionj about it...

I have been riding for Years & I know the industry very very well as well as the prices for the BEST racks out there from Yakima, Thule, etc etc etc...

The best roof racks avail. will be in the 300 range for a setup like that for 1 bike... you only hit the 400+ range when u add mounts for mutiple bikes & fancy locks etc etc...

not ot take away from this model it looks nice for sure... but face it you payed WAY too much for that nice little lexus symbol..... admit it...

EdG

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looked into things:

here is a Yakima kit priced out using one of their cheapest bike accesorries:

so thats $343.00 for that kit that looks like a standard straight bar roof rack.

I'm asking $450 (which includes shipping) for a Lexus roof rack and of course you pay more for the Lexus name, because it is custom built for our cars and comes with the quality Lexus puts behind their name.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
i hear ya & it is a very nice piece ... but not so much nicer than some of the others that are also very high quality but no "Lexus" logo so you save oh what........ $300

...yikes...

It is typical branding/name plate economics...

Toss a Ferrari logo on there & it would sell for $800 ...... :roll:

Unfortunately it appears that that clamp will not fit my most frequently used bikes frames & it is only set up for one bike at a time & i usually need to carry two...

damn...$450 for a gorgeous rack ( :lol: :lol: remember her... :eek:)
w/one bike capacity, logo or no, is just not practical enuff for me & I will have to pass..... :(

but Good luck on selling it & i hope you recoup as much of your dough as possible.!

again thanks for the additional pics... very helpful...

edG

·
Registered
503 Posts
I bought the Yakima Q-Towers with locks, 48" bars, and a ski clip (holds 2 pairs of skis) and came out to around CAD$545, which is about USD$390...

so a Lexus branded ski rack at that price shipped sounds about right...
the only reason i choose Yakima is that bascially the Q-Towers series racks fits ALL sedans, the only thing you need to change is the clips that attach the rack to the car frame. This way your investment isn't lost when u switch cars.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Neova said:
the only reason i choose Yakima is that bascially the Q-Towers series racks fits ALL sedans, the only thing you need to change is the clips that attach the rack to the car frame. This way your investment isn't lost when u switch cars.
agree ^^... that's why i went w/ yakima also
but daayuummm, that's one cool lookin rack by lexus (wonder who makes it for them???)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ttt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts