Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its time for me to turn my car back to stock. Engine wise at least. I am selling my headers. It you hav a 2003 or earlier then you will be okay with the CEL. The reason for selling is because its been a while and no solution for the CEL for the 04 has come up. So i got tired of the CEL so im selling.

The one other problem with the headers is that you will need to get 2 out of the 3 o2 bungs needs to weld a new bung. My sensors were stripped so it stripped the hole. I asked a couple friends and they said it would cost no more then 50 dollars to have it done.

I am selling it for 100 shipped. I would prefer pickup but willing to ship on buyers expense. I live in Melbourne/Palm Bay, Florida area. An hour south of Orlando.

Pics posted below.

Post was edited because y-pipe was sold seperately.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
do you need an simulator for just putting on a y pipe? thts all im interested in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
badxIS300 said:
do you need an simulator for just putting on a y pipe? thts all im interested in.
Im pretty sure u would because you are eliminating one cat which might throw a CEL because the o2 sensor would read that there is missing one cat. I would double check to make sure.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
did ur setup come with gaskets...what did u use the oem ones? do they fit?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Romyo247 said:
did ur setup come with gaskets...what did u use the oem ones? do they fit?
I picked up gaskets from lexus. Thats the safest way to go if u want to prevent any exhaust leaks. Some people say you might be able to reuse ur gaskets if they are still in good condition.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump.... no one wants it?.... if no one wants it by the end of the week... i'll give it a try on ebay

·
Registered
265 Posts
Can you take pics of this bung strip thing, by any chance?

jovicac @ hotmail.com

Thanks

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Yeah...04 and up pop check engine light. Mine has not come up yet but who knows? :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
I'll take the headers if someone else wants to buy the Y? :)

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
i believe it would be the header that has problems.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Both the header and y has the o2 bung problem. Any shop that welds would be able to fix that problem for you as long as you or them have an o2 bung.

I can have pictures up by the end of the day hopefully. If not definitly by tomarrow.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
bump.... pics have been added.... As i posted before... Threads can easily be replaced by any shop that can weld. It really wont be that much trouble.

·
Registered
289 Posts
no you dont need a simulator if its just the Y pipe....ive been running mine for a week now with no sim and only y pipe no cel

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would think you still do have the problem with just the y-pipe because you are still eliminating a cat which the o2 sensor connected to the cat will send a signal to the ecu saying that there is a cat missing.

Bump.... someone buy please

1 - 20 of 29 Posts