Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 6 2jz-gte pistons, rods, and rings. The pistons and rings are brand new. The rods are used but are still in great condition. I bought these off of a member of supra forums. I was planning on putting them in my GE block but I found a GTE block so now I have no use for them. They have new bearings in them but I dont think you will be able to use them. These are ready to be shipped and waiting for a good home. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
My number is 720-212-3514 and email is [email protected]. Thanks for looking.
Jake

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is correct. These will fit right in your GE motor and can handle around 800 horsepower.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
why can't we use the new bearings in these internals? I'm interested, but I'm looking for a complete drop in setup.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bearings arent universal. You need the correct rod to crank clearance for longevity and performance of the engine.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Bearings arent universal. You need the correct rod to crank clearance for longevity and performance of the engine.
As long as the marks are still on those bearings you can easily match the bearing to the correct connecting rod. If you look on the side of the crankshaft there should be numbers etched into em. And if you look at the connecting rod there also should be numbers on them. Take the two and add them together, that should be the number bearing you should use. But you should still always plastiguage afterwards to double check oil clearance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These bearing do have the numbers on them so you could try and match them.

·
Registered
687 Posts
anything else a good idea to upgrade while having the motor opened up to install the pistons or is not to big of a deal to come back to it later? also is this a sufficient upgrade or will some other part become stressed due to the upgraded pistins? so what else should be replaced?

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
^
Timing Belt
Water Pump
Oil Pump
Main Bearing
Main Thrust Bearing
Front Main Seal
Rear Main Seal
New Headgasket (TT OEM)
Valve Stem Seals
Check Valve lash clearance
ARP Head Stud

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats correct, thanks Eminence. The pistons themselves will not stress or damage anything. It will depend on how much power your putting out that could stress other parts.

·
Registered
687 Posts
thanks
so besides the pumps and belt, the seals and bearings are fairly easy and simple and not super expensive? whats the head stud?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks
so besides the pumps and belt, the seals and bearings are fairly easy and simple and not super expensive? whats the head stud?
I think bearings are a little over a $100 for all 6 and the seals I'm not sure. How easy and simple would depend on your knowledge and skill around a car I guess you could say. It does take time and is very in depth cause you have to pull the whole engine apart. It is do-able though if you experienced or like doing things on your own. The head studs are the bolts that bolt the head to the block. They are torque to yield bolts so you can only use them once.

·
Registered
303 Posts
check your pm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts