Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have one BRAND NEW JDM TRD 2 way LSD part# 41301-SE100 for SXE10 IS

This LSD was bought brand new from Luis Salazar at Carson Toyota about a year ago. I decided to go with a different LSD so this one is up for sale now. The LSD is still in its original box and packaging and comes with all the instructional paperwork.

I originally paid $973.17 for this and had to wait for a couple of months for it to arrive from Japan.

ASKING PRICE: $600 OBO

I would prefer not to ship but may be willing to(at buyers expense) if there is enough interest.
The item is located in Los Angeles, CA 91405

Please email me as I don't check the forums often. [email protected]

Thanks for looking!

Pics:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Wish I had the cash for this bump :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Nice...post some pics up soon!

·
Registered
302 Posts
does this require machining to fit open diff ?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
what would be the advantage of having this replacing the stock LSD?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
C4inaM2n and konais- I don't know the answer to these questions. You should call Carson toyota's parts dept.

ChasenTeinIS03- upgrading to a clutch type LSD is advantageous because it engages harder and is stronger than a stock viscous type.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have a 5spd with the stock lsd so is this the same thing you mean?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 5spd with the stock lsd so is this the same thing you mean?
No...the stock LSD is, I believe, a viscous type LSD. This TRD is a clutch type LSD. "Clutch type" has nothing to do with a manual or automatic tranny. They are two different types of LSD's that work in different ways.

·
Registered
318 Posts
No...the stock LSD is, I believe, a viscous type LSD. This TRD is a clutch type LSD. "Clutch type" has nothing to do with a manual or automatic tranny. They are two different types of LSD's that work in different ways.
No sir, Stock LSD in the 5spd manual is torsen gear type. Viscous type are in the 350z and Evos

1 - 20 of 25 Posts