Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Area 51 strut bar. It was one of the prototype ones. It works well, but does rub on the engine cover. - $180 shipped - add $1.50 for paypal :lol:

PM me :wink:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
the plp heatshield is about to be changed, the welds are longer and stronger.

david

this is a good deal tho

·
Registered
712 Posts
is300soon said:

david
Hey david,
I can't wait to see the new heatshield. You know I'll be coming to you! keep us informed my friend! take care....

-Paul

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: FS: Area 51 strut bar, plp vented radiator panel

DegoIS said:
Area 51 strut bar. It was one of the prototype ones. It works well, but does rub on the engine cover. - $200 shipped

PLP vented radiator panel - nothing wrong. A little mark where the hood liner touches it when it's shut, that's it. - $60 + shipping

PM me :wink:

Where's the area 51 cover that goes in the middle of the strutt bar? For $250.00 I can get a knew one from ken lee.. Would you sell it for a bill even? only if you still have area 51 logo.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It didn't come with a logo. It was one of the first prototype bars that they made. $100- my a$$, give me sumpin' better. Why would you want that logo anyways. This one looks a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
583 Posts
DegoIS said:
It didn't come with a logo. It was one of the first prototype bars that they made. $100- my a$$, give me sumpin' better. Why would you want that logo anyways. This one looks a lot cleaner.
My ass! LOl. Trip out.. aight bro chill, didn't mean to low ball you. I was just wondering if you needed the cash fast I would of gave it to you right now.

Since that's not the case. is the price you're final offer?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is300soon said:

david

this is a good deal tho
I told Mike about what happened to mine and he offered to replace it for free. He's a really good business man! That's why mine isn't for sale anymore 8)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J.R. said:
DegoIS said:
My ass! LOl. Trip out.. aight bro chill, didn't mean to low ball you. I was just wondering if you needed the cash fast I would of gave it to you right now.

Since that's not the case. is the price you're final offer?
I need some cash, but not necessarily fast, so sorry about that. I am gonna leave it at that price. It is somehwat negotiable, but I am not gonna cut the asking price in half.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
You must NOT have followed the PLP instructions for the fokking heatshield "cut out" for the header...????

Yeah.....all was fine with my warranty on my broken weld/G2 heatshield untill Mike casually mentions that if it was cut for a header it is no longer covered under warranty!!!!!!!!!... :eek:

:pissed: :pissed:

That's great business i tell ya!! :crazy:
... advise yer customers how to modify your part & then LATER ON let them know one by one as they have a problem, that with the modification, the part is no longer covered under warranty... :roll:

what the hell ever..! :shame:

CHECK YER PLP HEATSHIELDS DOODS... If you are getting a rattling/buzzing & have one from, I dunno longer than 6-8 months ago
(or before the Gen. 2.1's came out...) i'd guess the welds could be cracked like mine were.

& there have been like 3 versions of these right...?

the 1st ( Gen. 1) had no sides...
the 2nd ( Gen. 2 ) had end caps tack welded onto the sides boxing it in
the 3rd (Gen 2.1 ?) had the 'end caps cut as part of the main piece & these were just folded down & tack welded front & rear to hold them solidly in place & form the "box"...

I have not heard of these final versions ( So far...) cracking as well but my early Gen2 sure did....

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
You seem upset, what header did you have or do u have?

ps what rims have u owned?

David

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
hehe Dego KNOWS the edge.... :lol:

AAAAHHHH........ it is all water under the bridge anymore... sure it bugs me but what can you do? one would think after spending well over a grand with PLP so far & expressing interest in spending... oh... i dunno.. 5k Plus more....one would get a bit more accomodation.......?

excrement transpireth!

whatever...I'm just looking into TBKO SC's now.... :wink: hearing GOOD stuff about that little champ.... :) we'll see...

I just bought a new HS at the carson meet. I really did not want that nice phat header sticking out for any PoPo to see should he hassle me & make me pop my hood... :roll: so I did not want to wait..... ...Mike is/was pretty backordered on the shields from what i have heard...& he, before he told me he would not warranty it, said it would be awhile before he could warranty my broken shield cus he was ALL out of them.....

Carson was selling them for a good price at the meet so I got a new one...

In the mean time, after I got the happy news. :( ..I was able to just get it welded back up locally for cheep & then i reinforced the seams a bit more with JB weld epoxy & it feels SOLID as HECK anymore... so i did the JB weld trick to my Brand new one too MAN what a difference... it feels SOO much more solid & like one piece w/very little flexing like they usually do.........

I just sold the repaired one this week... :)

PS: I have the XERD. header & check my sig for the link to the pics of the rims i have had on the car & have now... here is my next wheel getting painted gunmetal soon:

edgy

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
AXIS? ur not as smart as i thought :) jk buddy

nah there is a pic with u on the side of the road with mesh style rims.

David

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
I'm actually quite stoopid. I just play all intelligent like on the web... :wink:

Why is it some people are sold on Axis & others here slag them off regularly...??

...they are not Advans or VOLK but I am not a fan of all those wheel designs... i DO love the kreuzer & the Model 5s' tho :p :p :p

Auto cannon/ I forged & HRE make some nice wheels there are LOTs of really good options out there... but i'm saving for a SC, & i cannot drop 3-5k on WHEELS alone... i got a mortgage to pay & a family to feed...

These Se7en Mods look damn good & were a really good price so i went for them... :p i'm happy.

I currently am running the ADR" M " classics... a "classic" MESH type wheel.........check the webpage....link below...

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
edgy said:
...they are not Advans or VOLK but I am not a fan of all those wheel designs... i DO love the kreuzer & the Model 5s' tho :p :p :p
Kreuzers :p :p

btw whatever you do don't try to unscrew the rivets on those se7en mods...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What the hell are auto cannon wheels? Never heard of them before. Anybody got some info on them?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts