Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I am selling my 2004 IS300 Sportcross wagon. Ive owned it for the past few years, and now looking for something a bit different. Ive done almost everything possible to the car short of a turbo and manual swap. I have owned it from just under 90k miles to just over 140k miles which it has now.

I bought the car a few years ago when it had just under 90k miles. I immediately took it to Petrolwerks in Lindenhurst, NY to have them do a full 90k mile maintenance and then some. At that time, the timing belt, full water pump (internal/external), valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, oil change, tranny fluid flush, etc. were done. Also done at that time were the front upper control arms were serviced with the SPC upper ball joints. I also did some needed TLC here and there. Since then, the car has been serviced numerous times either at Camber Toe in Lynbrook, NY, RCT Performance in Westbury, NY or other shops for oil changes every 5k miles and so forth.

I am very anal about parts and maintenance so I might be forgetting some things, but here is a list of things done to the car during my ownership:
Engine: aFe drop-in dry filter, JoeZ intake tube, Cusco aluminum radiator cover, regular maintenance.
Exhaust: HKS Carbon-Titanium cat-back
Suspension: BC coilovers (12k/10k I think), TOM's front underbrace, Cusco front strut bar (fits with engine cover), front control arms #1 and 2 replaced with the addition of TRD hardened rubber bushings, upper control arms replaced (stock-type units replacing SPC ball joints), lower ball joints, Eibach front and rear sway bars, Cusco rear strut bar (holes cut in interior panels to fit and access rear coilover adjusters), Cusco rear trunk bar, Cusco rear under brace, TOMS rear under braces, TRD No. 2 rear lower control arms, Monza adjustable end links, No. 1 rear lower control arm replaced with SuperPro bushings, FULL TRD hardened rubber differential bushings
Other: Steering rack replaced, brakes replaced (stainless lines too), Beatrush aluminum under panel, stock LSD swapped (w/ TRD bushings as mentioned)
Wheels: Asking price car will come with both the stock wheels and a set of Volk 18" square LE37Ks
Interior: Being an '04 the dash does have some stickiness. However, it also has the arm rest, cup holders and cubby all stock. The door panels have been swapped with the red mesh from the Qualitat sedan (stock panels will come additionally). Red leather LS-f shift knob, Pioneer double-din touch screen properly installed with the Beat-Sonic harness so all speakers and stock sub function as they should. Stock floor mats were replaced with stock-shaped after-market mats that are black with dark red stripes that match the Qualitat panels. Map and cargo light switch surrounds painted charcoal
Body: Car was repainted the stock MSM / 1C0 in the Spring of 2019. At that time, authentic "TRD" front lip, front JDM fenders, mesh Altezza grill, sedan side skirts, and rear wagon mud flaps all installed. JDM dark chrome head lights installed with the 2nd USDM headlight turn signal bulb being routed to the JDM front fenders to function as a turn signal (correct resistor installed so no hyper-flash). Dark chrome fender lights. Dark chrome tail lights. Dark pearl trunk "L" badge. Hatch rbadged with authentic dark chrome "Altezza Gita" badge. Antenna replaced with shorter "stubby".

Too good to be true? The car is mechanically sound. (I drove the car down to Florida winter '19, and Virginia summer '19) Title is clean. There are a few minor issues that I would say make the car not perfect.
One, being the sticky dash. I was planning on replacing at some point but havent gotten around to it. I have and am including the RHD center panel and Qualitat red "leather" e-brake handle that I was going to swap in when I swapped the dash.
Two, the car will show at least two accidents on a CarFax...at least I think. I had the car repainted after it was hit, while parked in a parking lot and the right side tail light was cracked with some damage to the bumper. I went through my insurance to pay for that work, and then I paid out of pocket to do the rest of the car and install all of the JDM body parts. The car was hit again, the same week I picked it up after having it painted, while parked on the same side. This time it was a neighbor who did it, so it was repaired through his insurance. Car was never wrecked, or in a moving accident while I owned it. Also dont remember an accident before I bought it.
Two.A. Although the entire car was repainted, there are a few issues that I see. The right side rear roof trim/rail is starting to lift at the end. The right side of the rear bumper doesnt have an exact fitment. Few paint chips/blemishes since dailying it for the last year.
Three, the after-market bushings squeak under certain weather conditions.
Four, the brakes should probably be done again soon...I drive about 15k miles a year.

This is a super clean, relatively low mileage, relatively freshly painted, IS300 wagon. It has loads of high quality parts from the bushings to the wheels. An abundance of desired stock-options added from the JDM body kit to the OEM LSD with rare TRD bushing kit. Only things left to be done would be a turbo and manual swap.
Its been extraordinarily maintained.

I am in no rush to sell. My price is firm.

Only reason for selling is my desire to get something different. But everything I want in another car, this one has. Price is firm at $10k with the Volk wheels, $9k without.

Interested - 516 640 8716 or [email protected]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
20190525_065303.jpg

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20190925_175702.jpg

·