Year : 2002
Make and Model : Lexus IS300
Exterior Color : Blue
Interior Color : Blue
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : 69,970 ,miles = 112,000 km
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description :

Fully loaded less Navi IS300 in a rare Blue 5 speed with Spoiler.

I'm looking at re-arranging my personal finances a bit and leasing a car through my company, so I will be selling this little gem of a car. I bought it in September from Kansas as the second owner and imported it through the normal process. It passed the inspections and had some work done to it. It had a clean carfax when I bought it and there has been no accidents since I got it.

UPDATE: NO TRADE OFFERS PLEASE UNLESS IT IS A LEASE TAKEOVER! :)

When I got it back to the country, the clutch and transmission started acting up and after some fighting with Lexus, they eventually put a brand new transmission in after i had paid for them to install a flywheel and clutch. As you see below, I did not put an OEM clutch in because they are nearly the price of a transmission! I did find a great setup with the Fidanza / Clutchmasters combo and after a bit of getting used to it, it drives GREAT. Fidanza claims anywhere from 9-19 HP at the wheels and I would not doubt that as there is a considerable increase in power from this. Despite the work I put into it I have had no problems with the car and it drives and looks fantastic. Incredible car on the highways and nice an nimble for the city. The engine does not go through a DROP of oil and has surprised me with how strong it is. The AC blows cold, no issues with the CD changer skipping and everything works perfect.

Good
-Very clean inside and out
-paint shines like new
-new tranny, clutch, flywheel, tires, brakes, 4 wheel alignment,
-engine tight as a drum
-very smooth ride with all bells and whistles

Bad
-one small dent that can be removed on fender and door ding on right.
-chirp from clutch if you ride it while starting in first gear (normal for aftermarket lightened flywheel / performance clutch setup). This was checked out by Lexus and there are no issues- just nature of the beast i suppose.

Extras :

Brand New Transmission from Lexus
New Fidanza light-weight flywheel and Clutchmasters stage 1 clutch
4 New BF Goodrich tires
New OEM front pads and rotors.
Tint

Asking Price : $21,900 CDN

I have checked on Canada Trader and this seems to be in the ballpark for the 2002s. I think for this price you are getting great value with the new transmission, clutch, flywheel, tires, brakes and recent work done.

PLEASE USE THE EMAIL FUNCTION OR CALL ME- POSTING SOMETIMES DOES NOT NOTIFY ME PROPERLY!
Contact Information
E-Mail :
Phone : 403-809-2347

Pictures :

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice Ride!!!!.. I have the exact same car but a Canadian car! It took me over a year to find mine with that color and package that it has. Still to this day I have not seen a car like it on Auto trader or advertised in that color with the features.
This car won't last!!!!!

·
Yay! Old stuff!
532 Posts
LSD?

Migs

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just wondering what mechanic you brought your car to for regular maintenance? Was it the dealership or a private mechanic?

I might be moving to Calgary soon and would like to know of a honest mechanic having experience working on the IS300.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts